Sunday 7 January 2018

Sunday Search



I am searching for something interesting to scribble.  Nothing comes to mind.
There are reasons for this.
For a start I went cheerfully to church this morning and walked into Janet!
This lovely woman has a way of getting things done, and she done me!  
"The coffee lady is off sick, would you...?"
This is said with the implication of what a refusal might bring.  I obeyed!
So I sit here with washday red hands wondering why we washed up more mugs that those we put out full of tea or coffee?  It is always thus!
Then once home I had to watch three, yes three, English cup ties one after the other. 
OK I fell asleep during the first and missed the excitement and missed the beginning of the second from the same reason but at least I saw Arsenal reserves prove they don't have what it takes to beat a lower division side.
After this I am trying to restore my mind to a state of normality, though this may not be a good idea.




5 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Amazing how those cups multiply...I remember Red Cross and St.Johns Ambulance dos in my youth when I was assigned to the washing up...

the fly in the web said...

Plenty of washing up over here if you feel like a change of sink...

Adullamite said...

Fly, They breed in the crowd.

Fly, Well that's int....hello! Hello? we've been cut off....

Lee said...

I've missed commenting on the past couple of posts...sorry, Mr. Ad-Man. I don't know where the days have flown to. I seem to have spent a lot of time on the phone talking to India ...trying to sort problems out that should be sorted out by people who can speak English!!!!!!!

Adullamite said...

Lee, Ho Ho! Mumbai wants you! I find most of them speak good English, it is the rigmarole that they must follow that is a pain.