Friday 19 January 2018

Friday Frustration


Much of the day has been spent attempting to find speed on a very slow laptop.  While mine has problems speed is no longer one of them, this older laptop is however very slow.  Running the normal clean up items has not worked so I have been indulging in deep cleaning today, not of myself you might guess, and at the moment the brute is 'scanning and repairing drive (C)' it claims.  So far 10% has been attended to and I suspect another few hours will pass before 100% is reached, that is if the thing doesn't close down again like it did earlier.
It is in my mind to dump this slower machine on my sister one day, she has trouble working 'tablets' and this might be easier for her though I see not how.  The speed of the brute is a problem however, the speed is much slower than it ought to be and has always been frustrating, she will not cope with that!  Passers-by might also object to laptops bouncing of their nuts as they pass the house.
I have run all the cleaners, the anti-virus, the anti-malware, the anti macasser, Disc clean up and defragment and an AVG Tune up system and now I await the slow ponderous machine slowly working through then drive, this might not be finished by morning.

Still I can keep going for hours, I have plenty of this stuff to see me through the night, that can't be bad...
  

6 comments:

Dave said...

Try ditching AVG ie uninstall and use something like Avast.

Adullamite said...

Dave, Ah but the point is I use Avast! The AVG is just the 'Tune up' system I obtained and was there long after the slow pc hindered me. The AVG cleaned up a lot and helps but the latop still is not what it ought to be. I need a local geek.

Lee said...

I get annoyed when things slow down, too....I of little patience!!

Adullamite said...

Lee, I am always patient, if I get my own way.

Jenny Woolf said...

I am finding lately that Blogger is running incredibly slow, it takes about 30 seconds to post a comment or in fact move around the site in any way. Not quite sure how or why this happened, it is not any other sites, so I am hoping that it is abug that they will fix eventually. Computers!!!!!!!

Adullamite said...

Jenny, It appears to be Blogger alone, possibly cost cutting somewhere. Not an idea that makes for happiness.