Thursday 10 September 2015

Nothing to Crow About.



I walked around the world today, then took a picture of it.  Three days running I have worked, today I went in to help cover for an hour ans was locked in all day/  People not turning up and not calling in are annoying, especially as I need my beauty sleep.  So little staff and too much dumped on one person who I am trying to help, although I keep making mistakes!  Fun today as two lots of kids came through, around 90 altogether, and spent their money after learning about WW2.  Jolly good it was too.  Another busy day, another day of running around hurting my knees, another day of not cycling as I was busy.  Tomorrow I intend to sleep all day!
One group from an old folks home came in, six in all, two cares and four old folks, to wander about or be pushed in their chairs, and reminisce about the past, a distant pass for some.  It was a mixed emotion dealing with them.  One or two had difficulties and we had little time to talk and while that was good I suddenly realised what it might feel like to be old and losing the poser of movement.  One man in particular was carrying a tired body but a good mind.  Illness has hurt him but he still had things to say if we could have time with him.  It sent a cold stab through me to think I might end up like that in 25 years.  The mind alert but the body not working as it did once. 

  
The good thing about working so much is that I can ignore the press. A scan through the papers puts me off looking any deeper, the people change but the stories do not, and I feel none the worse for being none the wiser.  What I have noted is not good but worse will come, the world is a bad place, it always has been, but our part can be made better by ourselves making it so.  



3 comments:

Lee said...

No wonder you're tired. Around the world in a day would tire out the fittest of person...and let's face it.....

Next time, don't be in such a rush...take the weekend, or even a long weekend to conquer the world!

Even Phileas Fogg took 80 days to complete the feat. And I'll bet at the end he didn't have sore knees or feet!

the fly in the web said...

Andy Capp! Still makes me laugh though...

Adullamite said...

Lee, I am now asleep.

Fly, I have to agree!