Tuesday 2 November 2021

Work Finished

 

Naturally, when I attempted to finish sealing the bath as planned it all goes wrong.  As I fought to remove the old seal from the aged gun I found the gun was dying, bits kept falling off, the paint flaking and nothing, in spite of liberal use of WD40 made a difference.  Now this gun has been around for some time.  In fact I canny mind where it came from, just that I was given this old gun a good few years ago.  Now, the rusting, aged hulk (the gun not me) was at an end.  Just what were those things living off it I wondered?  
Anyway, this led to an outing to the shops.  Out into the chilly sunshine, ensuring I had my mask, plastic bag, wallet and keys, the 4 items that must be carried when entering shops or leaving the house.  I had planned to reach B&M all the way up the road and was not keen as my knees have been poor for a few weeks now.  However, the Good Lord brought to mind the ironmongers and the bit I usually ignore, the wall at the back full of Chinese made tools.  I rushed there slowly, stared at a wall of red coloured metal tools, ideal for the DIY enthusiast or the man henpecked into doing that job he meant to do all those months ago.  Eventually, after much staring I found what I wanted, right in front of me!  £3:99 and a tin of WD40 also, and off I trailed.  
Eventually, the job was sort of done.  It was harder than I thought, my fitness is less than I realised, the work was more difficult, the new gun being stronger than his predecessor and the gap being bigger than I thought.  Of course, too late, I remembered half way through that I ought to have 'bodged' it by filling newspaper in the gap, still it is done now, though addition work may be required to finish it.  I am much impressed by the professionals doing such work, they would have done this in 5 minutes and left a near perfect finish.  I, you will be surrised to hear, am not a professional...
 

A huge bright sun, ludicrously low in the sky today, tempted me to return via the short wander across the park.  November already, low bright sun, very low temperature, cold nights, leaving the windows damp with condensation again this morning, something we will get used to over the next couple of months.  
Wrapped now in a blanket I sit here avoiding using the heating while watching Pakistan wallop Namibia at the cricket.  I may do some ironing later, that will keep the place warm.
 

 

4 comments:

the fly in the web said...

It seems to take quite a bit of strength to use those guns...not to speak of trying to make sure it is an even pressure without gaps where you are trying to catch your breath after the last effort...or that could just be me.

Ironing? Are there no women at your church? That counts as a work of necessity and mercy!
I don't iron anything any more...this could be your solution but it is easier when clothing generally consists of light tops and shorts.

Adullamite said...

Fly, The women around here are lazy!

The Padre said...

Fantastic Post - Brilliant Cartoon Photo As Well - Sending Positive Vibes

Cheers

Adullamite said...

Padre, Cheers Padre.