Monday 8 November 2021

Cruel Monday

Life is cruel!  All morning I spent looking for the postman deivering my books.  
All morning!  It was only when I looked once again at the Royal Mail email I realised it said deliver 'Wednesday!  I could have been out, round Sainsburys and have something worth eating for tea, but no, I did not read the email properly!  This is happening more regularly to me now.
Then this afternoon I was again stuck indoors awaiting another book from Amazon.  I ordered two, one came via one courier, the other will arrive, probably via a different one, sometime soon. 
Having used up the last shirt in the cupboard I have also spent all day, and I mean all day, ironing the rest of the shirts piling up on the back of the couch.  Considering how old some of these are, a little tighter than they once were, a sensible rich person would dump them on a charity shop and buy new ones.  However, I am poor, as my report cards always used to say, and the cheaper option is ironing them and hoping new ones arrive (fat chance) at Christmas.
Now, book arrived and placed in appropriate Xmas pile while awaiting others, shirts, bar the ones I just could not be bothered doing, hanging in the cupboard shocked and neatish, I await the rest of the day. Nothing else has been done.  
Then tonight I must drag myself the hundred yards down the road to the Club for the Spam meeting.  I have to wait and not rush out as I expect one of my women to call regarding her visit to the doctors last Friday.  This could take an hour, wear out my ear and make me wish she could use emails!  Some forty or so people praying for several years have led to the dialysis she ought to have undertaken years ago not being required.  The doctors smile and nod when she explains why. Now, at 80 years of age, she is still continuing to live but they do not understand how she does so well in the circumstances.  Other problems remain, and while she has suffered for 30 years with things the Good Lord will not let her undergo this.  Quite something.
After that call I will need to be at the Club, just for the quietness.  It will not be empty but the people there will be quieter than her voice on a phone.
 

3 comments:

the fly in the web said...

As Podge has managed to tear the trousers of the gardener Leo thought he ought to replace them, so I had to lug out the vast suitacse containing all the trouser bargains he had bought before moving to Costa Rica....a suitable pair was decided upon...but the rest could, I suggested, go to charity.
No, came the reply...she might tear another pair.
Vast suitcase wheeled back into place...

Lady Di Tn said...

I try to limit my time with that horrible tool you used. Why??? That was my job when I was growing up. Blue jeans and sheets were the worse for a young short girl to have to iron. I too like most of our age, have different sizes hanging in the closet. Another task that needs doing but I am not ready to purge my closets. Besides that is WORK and seems as if that is most of what I do the past years. I keep saying I will do it tomorrow and then that tomorrow does not appear but in its place is another one with MORE WORK. Peace be with you.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Tee Hee! How thoughtful of him...

Lady, Nice to know you enjoyed ironing! Tee hee.