Friday 26 November 2021

Another Flu Jab

Those fun-filled-frolickers who forecast the weather have delighted us by threatening snow for the morrow!  This appears to be funny in their eyes.  Now while snow can offer decent photographs it comes with other disadvantages, cold for a start slippy for another, dangerous for roads, old people, and me!  Brats throw snowballs at you, people spend their time grumbling about snow,(and I hate that) and buses and railways grind to a halt.  Cars that are driven are either slow or driven by untrained jet pilots with a death wish, and don't get me started on the slush that is left behind!
This also means that with a temperature of 2% tonight, thats 34% in English, the heating must be made to work, all this costs money!  I know this as I sit here now with my feet on the heater!  At gas central office they are breaking out the Bubbly already, just wait until January!
 

I was back this morning, in spite of the rain, to the surgery.  This time it was the Flu Jab.  The queue of aged people was long, but quickly parted to let me in to the Stasi.  She, I must say, was very cool in the heated atmosphere, lots of folks stumbling aroung hither and thither, some knowing where they were going, some not.  I, the youngest among them, was treated well by the Stasi, she even helpfully gave me the Blood Test result, nothing changed there, and sent me round to the old folks queue.   Five people were before me, except I was the only one on time!  I joked with the crew there before a nurse approached, called my name and off I went.  I must say these two nurses while efficient were not the cheeriest.  I suspect they have come in for the day to jab the Flu queue and then hop off to collect the kids.  Their men, if they have them, are welcome to their cheerless faces.   
All done I retreated to Sainsburys and Tesco, changed the bed, (it is nearly the end off the month) and set the washing machine going.  The day has been filled, or at least it has passed by quickly.  Now the darkness falls, the rush hour stumbles by slowly, the chill deepens and I am left wondering just how much snow will actually arrive tomorrow, if indeed it does. 
Because of an outcry in the past, by the grubby right-wing media, those weathermen are likely to 'Cry Wolf' to often these days just to avoid blame if it all goes wrong.  However, I will be residing indoors if the sun does not shine, the cupboards are full enough, the temptation to walk the chilly streets is not strong, and football might arrive.
 

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

A cheerful nurse makes a great difference. Leo shotof to the local A and E yesterday with blood pressure problems...he was met at the car by one cheerful nurse who took him in without formalities, hauled a doctor to see him straight away and organised an ambulance for the main hospital in San Jose...all this with smiling, cheerful people.
San Jose hospital...miserable buggers everywhere, endless forms, and a nurse who shouted at him to keep his hand still when bludgeoning a needle into him for a drip...you can imagine the response! So fed up with the atmosphere that he discharged himself and came home.
They have a new emergency department, all shiny, with all the gear, but oh for the days of the Granny Giles who used to run the place. Dilapidated as it was the staff were efficient and smiling, patients were fed and watered and taken to loos. I suppose the new building is run by AI.

Adullamite said...

Fly, That sounds awful. I can imagine his response...