Tuesday 16 November 2021

Hospital Helicopter, NHS and Flanders Stew.

Another day of nothingness I am glad to say.  The excitement of watching Scotland win and therefore make it to the play-off last night meant I required a peaceful morning.  There was no disturbance, bar the Air Rescue Helicopter buzzing over my head several times while he attempted to get into position to land opposite.  Twice in a month I think, once again I have no idea where they went but it departed shortly afterwards and headed of in the London Hospital direction.  Quicker than waiting for an ambulance these days I suspect.



This graph tells us how governments spend cash on the NHS.  It is clear why the NHS has a bed, doctor and nurse shortage, and people are dying in ambulances outside of hospitals because of government cutbacks.  This is a deliberate policy of selling the NHS to their US friends and it may well go through before the next election.  Add a pandemic, send all the EU staff back home, do not employ new staff, and before you know it there is a shortage and Boris is at the root of this.  With NHS mask providers not being allowed to sell to the NHS while Tory donors make big money for providing too much or the wrong thing while making millions we must ask "Who voted for this?"


Being reduced, I bought some casserole meat, not the healthy stuff pictured sadly.  This I cooked for over three hours this morning, adding the usual tins of 'whateversinthecupboard' along with 'whateverfoodislyingaround.'  Thus I made the first 'Flanders Stew' I have made for some time.   This concoction, as you know, is called thus because once cooked it looks like and tastes like the sticky, thick mud that lies all around Ypres in Flanders.  The first dollop, and that has to be the correct term, was as expected full of strange tastes, hidden behind curry powder, with meat containing no flavour whatsoever.  This will not surpise anyone.  Now, I have three more 'dollops' of this life giving nourishment to go through. 
That reminds me, I must make out my Will tonight...
 

3 comments:

the fly in the web said...

This will cheer up any nasty beef sold as 'stewing' as opposed to 'sole your boots'.

Brown the beef, slice and brown onions. Sling in pot. Add half red wine and half beef stock to cover. Add bay leaves, dried thyme, garlic, a couple of cloves and juniper berries - if none available in dark recesses of cupboard, forget them. A dollop of mustard, similar dollop of - preferably - apricot jam, cheapo cheapo is fine, and let it simmer until beef is cooked....

Or you could brown beef and onion as above, add dark beer and some beef stock and a dollop of mustard...

Or you could sole your boots.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Now you tell me! I wish I had thought off wine or beer. They would make a difference I will try this next time..

the fly in the web said...

Years of making French beef palatable teaches you a thing or two...