Thursday 23 September 2021

Christmas Moon?

This morning I began Xmas shopping in earnest.  That is, I trudged up to Sainsburys for a few bits, glanced at the area where toys, fripperies, and books are kept, noted that Christmas stock is beginning to appear and that empty shelves near the toys are now filled with wine and shampoo. Sainsburys continue to pretend Brexit is not hindering supplies.
I then trudged round to Tesco.  There I glanced upstairs at their toys, etc and managed to avoid buying anything for myself.  I did however buy the first of the gift cards (Embaressed somewhat I bought Amazon cards as it is easier, even though they still only pay £4 an hour as far as I can see) and made my way home rejoicing that I can still walk.
Then, being brave, I took my knees, now aching, up to B&M and browsed their several aisles of toys and stuff, Christmas is here all year as far as I can see, and bought one or two small things used as 'Thank you's,' to various peoples.  No miniature whisky this year as yet, I suspect they are sitting in a lorry at the Scottish border.  No paperwork hold ups there, just the driver having a kip.
So, now I am browsing the list of what came last year, who has died on the card list, who can be dropped, and beginning to work out how much will be required.  (Note, none have been added bar NIck, the new great nephew.  I'm good at making friends.)
 
 
Ha!  You thought there would be no more moon shots!  Wrong!  After 30 minutes of struggle I managed to gather this one, though it required a bit off work on the laptop afterwards.  The moon does not appear to have changed any since last year, though it was higher in the sky, or could I have been lower on the ground?  It is all so confusing.  What is really confusing is having a clear sky, no clouds and the chance to picture the moon, so unusual!
 

4 comments:

Kay G. said...

That moon shot is great!
That woman cutting up her husband is a bit much first thing in the morning to view!

Adullamite said...

Kay, It was evening when she had finished cutting him up!

the fly in the web said...

Christmas tat is appearing here....all sorts of 'artisan' markets being snnounced - so what happened to Covid precautions?

Adullamite said...

Fly, Covid is over, Boris implied so...