Thursday 30 July 2020

Now, I'm Not One to Complain, but..




Not only has Blogger gone to pot but now Microsoft have 'updated,' that is, made a mess off, Outlook.
One post gets a reply and all are piled together, why?  By clicking at the side they open up, why not leave it as it was?????  Now it is more complicated, difficult to read, and yet another 14 year old geek is fooled into thinking he is clever, he is not!  What is the matter with these people?  Why adjust what does not require adjusting?
And Blogger is still rubbish also!


At last I have finished this.
The author wanders along paths, mostly inspired by the poet Edward Thomas.  Other people tell me how wonderful this poet is, I tend to disagree.   However the last chapter or two on him was quite interesting. 
Otherwise the author tends to use far too many pretentious words, can offer lists of things that go on too long and can be boring in places.  I suppose that can reflect walking long distances as you must pass over boring stretches of land where there is little of interest.
The final chapter does have some interesting finds, and these north of Liverpool of all places.  We walk alongside footprints found as the sea recedes, footprints that go back 5000 years.  Fascinating!  
To follow the steps of someone who is watching the various deer up ahead, hoping no doubt for a catch.  Women and children, possibly searching for sea creatures for food, and a variety of animals that have long since departed this earth, fascinating! 
Shame the early chapters were not so interesting however.
Still, some may like it, I do not think I will go for another of MacFarlane's works mind.

3 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I've given up on my Outlook thingy...by the time I have managed to bring up what I want I have lost interest.
Still, Wordpress has its magic moments too...once you could simply start to write a post...now there is a rigmarole to get through first.
Hang all 14 year olds...problem solved.
Those footprints intrigued me too...but not enough to suffer MacFarlane's pedantry.

Dave said...

Yes the new blogger takes a bit of getting used to. I wouldn't be surprised if there comes a time when we will have to pay for it.

Adullamite said...

Fly, I keep to the old Wordpress system. Hanging 14 year olds sounds useful...

Dave, That may be in their minds. Google likes money.