Tuesday 14 July 2020

It's all Joy Here...


Over the weekend I picked up one of those stomach bugs making it impossible to eat.  Add to this muscle stiffness in my back, and elsewhere, made it impossible to sleep.  I could not lie down and so for two night have sat up in the couch occasionally dozing.  This morning I managed to eat a tasteless bite and sleep for a short while before the workmen arrived.
All was set, they were late, soon to be standing around asking "Where does that go?" "What is it?"
"I can't see..." and "Now what...?"  I slumped in the chair, more alive than I have been for a couple of days, but not really caring.
The banging commenced, things were removed, questions asked and now they wonder how to deal with all the pipes, especially the one from the boiler that the plumber put in. 
These three days might become three weeks...


I retired to the West Wing where I found a US MLS game.  This appeared to begin at 9am in Florida heat!  How different from those days of standing in the hail at Love Street, Paisley, where we lost 3-0, or a dark Dundee night at Tannidice where we lost there also.  Actually the game was not great and after my night I slept through most of it.  Naturally this allowed the men to get on with the work without any help from myself.  This did not hinder them.
While I mused as to tomorrows endeavours I glanced at the news I had missed.  Still we must wear masks, unless we are Michael Gove, still English death totals are regarded as 'UK' totals, and still MPs on committee meetings by internet have to tell the cat to "Get your tail out the way."  This never happened when Disraeli was around!
Murders, celebs, cannabis farms, the usual empty news fills the pages.  I always glance at the front page of all papers, the screaming large headlines never offer news, it sometimes makes me wonder if we have a 'free press' when no 'news' is offered bar 'Bread and Circus!'   Oh yes, Boris has dumped 'Huawei' from the 5g network, well by 2027 that is.  The Chinese are annoyed.  They of course knew this was going to happen, the were listening in on all the discussions.


4 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Those bugs are vile. You could try cooking up some rice in double the amount of water, draining it, keeping the water and drinking it when it is cool. Or steeping some oatmeal and drinking the water. Both help. Both are uninviting.

Leave the workmen to their own devices...you know it makes sense!

As to Boris and co...perhaps muzzling them would be an idea.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Rice water, oatmeal water....? You trying to kill me?

the fly in the web said...

Oh, O.K. then....break out the hooch.

Adullamite said...

Fly, That's better...