Thursday 25 June 2020

Thursday Rambling


Imagine my delight at 10:30 last night when outside my window a lorry, full of unknown substances, began, very loudly, to work on the road surface.  I have no idea what he was doing, I only knew I was going to  have tinnitus by morning!  I did shout at him but he could not hear me for the noise he was making.  Half an hour later he moved away down the road leaving a road surface in similar condition as to when he had started!  I fell asleep.  Just after midnight he was back, making similar noise and no effect on the other side of the road.  
Now many men had been working last night.  Other JCB like monsters moved up and down, digging here and there, spades scraping alongside, but none made a noise equal to johnny in the truck.  I thought at first he was cleaning drains, but there are none at these spots.  I thought he was washing the road but no!  He is merely employed to be a nuisance!  Grrr!
I awoke at 5, I looked out and a new road surface had appeared.  All the way down the road has been replaced with no noise whatsoever, so why did Johnny in the truck unknown have to make such a racket?  Bah!


So I crossed the road, crossed the park, stood back, as did two others and a dog, as a large jogger woman passed by.  'Joggernaught!' Thought I.  The two and myself, plus dog, decided we would not indulge in such frivolity, the dog especially pleased as he is at the granddad stage like the rest of us.
As we watched go, and she did go, I moved on, walked about the town wondering why it was 70% at this time of the morning.  I have hidden away indoors ever since.  


Bournemouth beach, one of the best in the world, has declared a 'Major Incident' as thousands of dafties headed for the seaside.  Too many people, Coronovirus still alive, and 558 parking tickets, a record, given out.  Some will not be pleased. 
Mind you Tesco was still busy, why did this lot not go there?


5 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Someone gave Johnny your address....who have you upset lately?

Here the beaches are open 5.00 am to 8.00 am...which is too early for most of those who would normally enjoy them to be up and about.
American business owners on the coats are screaming for tourists to be let in again, playing on the poverty of those who live from tourism...given what they pay their workers some hypocrisy here, I think.
Now, sit down before you fall down. The CR tourist board is asking the government to allow tourism from countries with good tracking and testing systems.....this includes the U.K.
Boris' claims for world class status obviously made a difference here...

Dave said...

Road re surfacing techniques have certainly moved on from years ago. Bournemouth beach, what virus? unbelievable. Apparently a huge amount of litter left behind. I see this a lot cycling around here, especially in parks, as the evenings are warm people gather for a few beers. That's fine as long as they are not noisy and disruptive, but just take the empties home or to a bin.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Not so much 'Who have I upset?' More, which one did that?
Americans making money by not paying wages? Hmmm. I think Costa's Ambassador has been having lunch with Dominic Raab!

Dave, Surface looks good indeed, how long will it last? Many young folks in Bournemouth, language schools abound today. Many were there yesterday and the locals are just as bad.

Jenny Woolf said...

I thought things were bad enough here with deafening noise from 8 AM to put cables in. I am now feeling rather grateful that they're not hard at it in the middle of the night.

Adullamite said...

Jenny, Overall they were not too bad. That night was the worst. Last night yellow lines appeared silently!