Friday 5 June 2020

A Walk in the Park




A brief meander through the town today just as big black clouds gathered.  The sun was shining as I walked out and would do again after the clouds had found where I was hiding.  This I suppose was better than watching all those Twitter pictures of US cops beating strangers for no good reason.  Stick waving thugs in uniform, not all identified, appear to take delight in assaulting passers-by.  Age was no hindrance, young and old 'copped it,' see what I did there?  Even one man lying in a hospital bed was smacked a couple of time by cops FILMING THEMSELVES DOING THIS!  Now we all understand when cops get annoyed with a struggling opponent but this is and can only be called thuggery.  Few cops will be held to account, some police chiefs encourage this, yet in other States, Florida for instance, cops get along well with the crowds mostly.  Proper policing saves riots!
This was followed by 'Hancock's Half Hour' as the health minister lied in his teeth about the Coronovirus problem.  I ignored this.  
I tried but failed to ignore the next Tommy Robinson story.  Mr Yaxley-Lennon, for that is his real name, not the improvised English alias, was in court for punching someone, how unusual.  The scent of Muslims in Barrow-in-Furness had him up there looking fro trouble, pretending he was a 'journalist.'  He ought to try covering one of those US peaceful marches and chat to the cops there I say.  I suspect he will be back inside soon.
I was finding it difficult not to be sick when I read Rees-Mogg claiming he may have to ask Nanny to cut his hair.  I am not sure whether he was joking or not, I suspect not.  Humour is sadly lacking there.

  

4 comments:

Dave said...

In many US states over the years the police have become more and more militarized and as you say the policing tactics have changed.
"Hancocks half hour" is a good way of describing it, somebody somewhere must believe him!!

Adullamite said...

Dave, Gun happy cops are not unusual in the US, dressing like 'RoboCop' gives them a thrill.

the fly in the web said...

Might be an idea to ban the use of that form of restraint. It has its problems when used by Israeli armed forces too...

Adullamite said...

Fly, I canny see Israeli's banning it.