Monday 8 June 2020

Boring Day...


The media being full of nothing but repeats of previous half truths, TV and Radio being full of nothing, my brain being full of less than usual I set out to wander the highways for exercise.
However it quickly became obvious my attempts at previous exercise did not encourage me in going far.  This meant a wander through the town by the back roads, luckily, my dishevelled appearance, my several weeks of beard, my untidy ragged hairstyle all combined to encourage people to put 50p or a £1 coin in my hand, "For a cup of tea," so all was not lost.
I passed the usual spaced queues at the few open shops, spoke in friendly terms while passing grans and granddads making the most of a brief time with the grandchildren, very useful the shops being shut, and met one couple from St Ps so we could gossip awhile. 
We agreed that the excitement of our locked down lives may tell on us one day!
Nice to see other men who desperately need the Barbers back.  
I scraped away the seal from the kitchen once again, that did not last long, and when dry tomorrow will make a mess of replacing it with better stuff.  Then the bath needs redone also, same cheap material, so that is something to look forward to.  So many little jobs to be done, then cupboards to clean out...again.
I suppose everyone had an exciting time out there?





2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Thrilling. Cleaned out the deep fryer, turned it on again...did not work. That'll learn me to leave things well alone...
Rain now bucketing down...we have our own private waterfall from a chute on the gutter dropping into the pool.
The tribe of wild duck who roost on the roof at night are gloomily huddled in the poultry house to the disgust of said poultry, waiting for better times in which to conduct their nightly clog dance. All they need is Jimmy Shand...
It started with one pair and their brood of five on the pond at the old house. There are now over thirty, dividing their time between our feeding tubs and the slurry lagoon at the pig farm by the bridge. French letters for drakes...that's what is required.....

Adullamite said...

Fly, Nice to know you have company! :)