Tuesday 25 September 2018

Up on the Roof


Having spent an energy filled day weeding the front and attempting to clear up the mess left behind by neighbours who have left leaving their remnants behind, packed mostly in plastic bags yet spilled across the waste space, I had little energy to do anything else last night.  Add to this a little item I eventually finished for the museum re the armistice, it has taken three months, and what brain cells I have left were not functioning either.  For reason hard to comprehend the TV people failed to feature any football leaving me with no respite from my aches thus forcing me to climb upon the roof and howl at the moon.
This indeed made me feel a lot better but did not do much for the old lass in the bungalow next door who switched off all the lights and locked all the windows and doors loudly.  It must have been loud as the noise from all the dogs in the neighbourhood barking at the same time create what some call ' noise nuisance.'
I must confess I was a little stiff once again this morning when I had to attend to all the visitors by myself, my associate having flown off to Corfu for yet another holiday.  I realise that having retired and having some money to burn it is right for them to make the most of the years they have left, in her condition we do not know how many, but my couple of days in Bournemouth look weak in comparison to their world travels.  Not that there is any jealousy in any way, no siree!   
I might seek that moon again tonight.


I wonder if this bird understand the situation in the nation?  Sitting there in the sun in the late evening, resting from the labours of attending to her mate, stuffing her face and er, that's it, she now sits there high above the world allowing the fading sun to warm her before bedtime.  Do these birds not know we have an inept government?  Do they not realise we have no opposition?  Do they not realise the state of the nation?  They will find out soon enough for within a year most of the population will be eating the worms and grubs they are living off when Brexit comes in and the economy collapses.
Oh dear, I am back off onto the roof...

4 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I always used to think pigeons were too dumb to think about world affairs but having seen how clueless some of our politicians are, I feel it's not a good idea to jump to conclusions. To be honest the pigeons rarely seem to get in as much of a mess.

the fly in the web said...

Next time, a selfie of your good self on the roof howling at the moon, if you please...

I wonder if a Maoist sort of re education would help politicians to understand the world about them?

A stint in an Amazon warehouse?

Zero hours contract delivering overpriced food to their well connected mates on a bicycle in all winds and weathers?

Fruit picking?

Attempts to claim what are laughingly called benefits?

Kay G. said...

When this old world starts a getting me down, up on the roof!

Adullamite said...

Jenny, Birds are incredibly clever, however none have stood at elections so far.

Fly, Politicians who have had a job? That is the problem with the Labour Party, so few have worked, almost all come through Oxbridge! Even Tories of old had worked.

Kay, I will sing instead of howling next time.