Tuesday 11 September 2018

Tuesday Trifles


The boss advertised the exhibition last night.  This we put on the facebook page and made use of the word 'toddlers.'  Today Mums and toddlers arrived and more will follow in days to come.  This was good and the people nice to meet.  However we never stopped today, from the off people were coming in, phoning up, coming in, asking questions, asking queries and generally getting in the way stopping us doing our work.  At one point I considered closing the door so we could get on with things. 
However that is what we are there for I suppose.  A lass brought up here for a while during the time her father was based at the nearby USAF operated airbase came in attempting to identify the house she had lived in.  This I could do and by making use of google maps it was found still in existence but now turned into offices.  Being close by we sent them off to trail the streets in searching for it.  I did not see them as they returned later but I am sure they went in to the office and asked if she could look around.  
I slept for an hour once I got home.


The parcel I was awaiting is still awaited, two of them in fact.  I look forward to the morning when once again I will fail to receive them.  More phone calls at my expense!  This is unusual however as in times past such items have come quickly.  There again most used Royal Mail and others  a different, better company.  I will be complaining, something I rarely do, tomorrow afternoon a couple of times I suspect.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Thats a great idea for the Museum, get them coming in when they're young. Hard work I bet but worthwhile. I've had issues with Parcelforce leaving parcels with neighbours and not dropping a card through the door to say where its been left and then when you track it it says delivered .....but where???? The only reason I can think is that they must be under a lot of pressure to meet delivery schedules that leaving a card takes up too much time.

Lady Di Tn said...

Todders Oh MY!!!!!! might forgo that term in the future.
I consider the only thing worse is a pack of wet dogs.

No wonder a nap was necessary when you got pass your front door.

Peace

Adullamite said...

Dave, The kids are usually great, only occasionally a bad 'un. Some Parcelforce are franchised, some not, most have too much to deliver. Mine still not come...

Lady, Wet dogs and toddlers? No thank you!

the fly in the web said...

Have Hermes deliver to the museum when the toddlers are there....and let them loose!

Adullamite said...

Fly, I might try that...if they turned up...