Saturday 30 June 2018

Weekend


The heat is terrible!
This does not suit me, I am so glad the football forces me to stay inside.  Indeed when there is no football I must stay inside and do the things undone by watching the football.  Actually few got done but the place smells better once the windows are opened.
Not much in the news, not counting the £319,000 given to the Scots Tories from an 'unknown' source, that is someone not recognised, with no apparent offices and therefore who are they and why such a donation?  It appears the Scots media ignore this as they do so many other things.
Michael Gove by the way has made it clear the many millions given by the EU for Scots farmers is not available to Scots farmers, it appears to no longer appear.
Then they complain Scots don't support England at the World Cup!
So many around here cannot understand why Scots, Welsh and Irish should grumble, this reveals an amazing lack of understanding on their part and this is also a reflection on the papers they read.
 
Interesting that after the hype that flowed merrily when England defeated the worst team in the World Cup this all dissipated overnight after the England and Belgian squad teams met and England lost.  Those many cars and vans flying England flags appear to have disappeared since then.  Heads down and even Germany going home has not lifted the spirits.  How strange this is, England see Germany as their rivals!  Germany does not see England is this way, I suspect they regard Italy, France, Brazil, Spain and the like as their rivals but the English imperialist never dies. 
However I have enjoyed many games and several great goals today alone.  Those goals remind me of how I used to play...


4 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I will always remember Michael Gove for his total treachery to Boris JOhnson. Mind you I wish he had succeeded in shutting Boris up for good, the ideal thing would be or both of them to drop to oblivion.

Suza said...

Wonderful Pictures. The Bird is very nice

Dave said...

after your last sentence did you forget to add "in my dreams"!!!!

I think Regional Governments have done more to create isolationism than anything else, the Welsh NHS service is different to the rest of UK and once we leave the EU working out the farm subsidies will be a nightmare. Whats happened to the United Kingdom???

Adullamite said...

Jenny, Treachery in No 10 is standard. The knives are still out between them all.

Suza, I love the sea pics.

Dave, 'In my dreams...no! :) There never was a United Kingdom bar during two wars, even then it was called England!
Time for independence is now!