Tuesday 5 June 2018

Tuesday Twaddle


With the museum closed for a week, the heating system is being ripped out and a new one installed, there was little to do today.  Only an occasional individual entered the shop and was quickly dealt with, a happy greeting, a smile, a joke and no money taken!  Grrrr!  I'll keep my smiles until they spend next week.  On top of this the hammering, drilling and constant passing of plumbers wandering to and fro kept me awake and interrupted my reading of the newer books.  Have these folks no consideration?  


With nothing much to do it was therefore impossible to make mistakes, not counting the one phone call that came in which I lost because I pushed the wrong button when transferring it.  She never attempted to call back...
Nothing else went wrong as the boss tied my hands behind my back and chained me to my chair.  She appeared quite happy with this arrangement.  

 
I now find an amazing amount of free time in my life, this is because there is no football on tv.  The books are getting read, some jobs are getting done, well one or two, and the rest of the time I sit staring at the screen wondering what is missing.  How did I live before tv football?  I either read a lot, watched poor tv or just sat staring at the wall.  I must have done more, possibly in days of yore I had a life?  Hmmm I'm not so sure about that...



4 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Well, you have been taking some marvellous photos of flowers!

Lady Di Tn said...

The flowers should make you happy and if the system gets fixed you may not have to wear a jaiket. Peace

the fly in the web said...

Those photographs are superb...you've not been wasting your spare time.

Adullamite said...

Jenny, Yes I quite like the top one.

Lady, I will wear a flower jaiket and revert to being Hippy!

Fly, Aye, no bad.