Tuesday 19 June 2018

Tough Day!


The cruel, cold-bloodied women who boss me around forced me to stay on at work today.
The afternoon lass has gone on holiday again and none were available to cover except myself.  I did indicate to the harridans that Columbia were playing Japan (an exciting match it turned out to be) and if I stayed I would miss this.
She replied by kicking my ankle and saying "Stay if you know what is good for you!"  I am not sure this is in keeping with good management practice. 



The day had started badly.  The central heating upgrade was still in progress and yesterday (the museum is closed on Monday's) the men had moved half the shop to get the cables for the new radiators in place.  My first job was to replace everything, and I mean everything!  First of course this meant finding where it had all been put before putting it into some sort of order.  
This however was held up by the arrival of a small excellent school. 
This in the middle of a muddle, electricians wandering about, things everywhere bar where they ought to be and a school to teach.  It could not get any worse, but it did!  Visitors arrived!  A group came to see the exhibition in amongst the clutter and children yapping away.  This however they coped with and even bought things, so well done to them.
I merely continued restructuring the shop knowing that tomorrow when Boss 3 gets back she will change everything round again as she always does.  Humph!  Still I managed this hard work, breathing heavily to the delight of two female visitors, I know not why, and realised I must up the fitness striving.  


The work done, note no new photos, I returned to my tepid cup of tea and attempted to interest two women in buying the stuff I had re-installed.  They bought one card instead.
Having done all I then finished a small job, cutting wool for Boss 2 intended for a kids project she in engaged in.  This done I sat, and how I sat.
By now it was lunchtime and as I ought to be heading off the Boss 1 came by and kicked my ankle again and suggested I eat as I was going to miss the football and I ought to stop crying over this.  So I sat and ate my egg bap and prepared for a quiet afternoon with no football.  Then I realised I may be in luck.  By getting my egg roll from the cafe the boss had covered me at the desk, she left the computer on so I raced onto the BBC and found the game there!  Of course when it starts it asks 'Have you a TV Licence?' and as I have one I click 'Yes!' and continued.  The manager (Big Boss) glared at me when I informed him of this and he began to mutter about check ups etc.  I merely smiled as I knew he would sort it.  
It was then I realised sneaky boss 2 had been back in and filled the wool bag with a huge ball of wool for me to cut up for the kids.  This when watching football!!!  Have these wimmen no heart?  I say no as another volunteer entered to collect something and stood there yapping for ten minutes as I strained to watch Japan stuffing Columbia.  She knew what  she was doing!  Bah!
At four, with lots of cut red wool all over the place I left hoping to catch the beginning of the second game of the day.  Naturally I would not as a couple came in at ten to four holding us up by asking questions and meaning I did not get out until after four.  Home by quarter past dead beat, bruised and satisfied with another happy day at the museum.
Isn't life grand...?


6 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I think you should consult Sue Grabbit and Runne....

Kay G. said...

If it were up to me, I would have let you watch the football! You are so lucky, you should have to listen to the American commentators, quite painful at times.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Unfortunately they are the museum lawyers!

Kay, All commentators bar two have been bad so far! All words and nothing to say.

Lady Di Tn said...

THOSE WOMIN ARE WASTING YOUR TALENTS. THE IDEA OF YOU ARRANGING ITEMS AND CUTTING STRING IS AWFUL BECAUSE YOUR TALENTS ARE FAR GREATER THAN TO BE USED IN SUCH MANNER.
WE HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE COLLEGE WORLD SERIES BASEBALL. UNLESS YOU ARE PLAYING IT IS SOOOOOO BORING AND LONG. MAYBE I SHOULD COME WATCH THE CUP WITH YOU. AT LEAST YOU HAVE BEER UNLIKE THE RUSSIANS. PEACE

Jenny Woolf said...

I can't credit the heartless way these people get in the way of your football. You have all my sympathy! Or, well, nearly all. Or, at least, some. I have a lot to go round. What is the honey about? Do you sell it in the shop?

Adullamite said...

Lady, Indeed they waste my talents! Baseball? No thanks!

Jenny, We sell local made honey and other such items. Not that I get any sympathy for that...