Friday 1 December 2017

Ready for Xmas?


Well that's that almost finished.  
I bought several gift cards from Tesco, all major stores do a wide variety of these things nowadays, and gave myself a shock when she asked for the bill!  Seven I bought and once I got home I realised I had forgotten a niece.  Typical!  
So having already obtained cards I began the ordeal of sifting through and posting right card in right card to right niece or whoever.  It was there I realised I was a niece short.  They all look the same don't they?
This palaver in the shop slowed down the checkout (on a Friday) but I gave them some cheer when I informed them that this was my Christmas buying finished, I know better now once I had checked the list.  The sorting cards took all afternoon and I managed to get to the postbox before the 5:30 collection only to find it is now 4pm.  They never told me!  Anyhow five cards are away in the box and the rest will go on Monday.  I never post cards in a box on a Friday or Saturday evening as when a postman I often found an assortment of strange things in the box on Friday or Monday mornings, they were not always pleasant.  However too late now and I may have read that box incorrectly, I often do.
There are still a few odds and ends to sort, a few cards and a few wee things but otherwise the bulk is done and I now sit back and sneer at others over my efficiency.
I have no friends.



3 comments:

Lee said...

I bought a pack of Christmas cards during this past week. I've not yet written on them or posted them, but I shall.

I spent yesterday making Christmas cakes...so that was a start. On second thoughts, I've not much more I need to do. It will be only my two furry rascals and me celebrating Christmas together...but we will celebrated it in the style we're accustomed to - we won't go hungry.

I will be going to only one Christmas party (the usual one at my landlords' home). I've already made a load of meatballs that are now in the freezer, ready for the party. They, along with a large antipasto will go along with me to the gathering on the 20th December...as well as a bottle of red wine.

the fly in the web said...

I suspect that you have many...but they don't send cards.
Mother has once again sent off her Christmas card to us, in the hope that it might arrive by Easter which will saving her from sending a card at at that time....

Adullamite said...

Lee, Well done!

Fly, I love Mothers attitude!