Wednesday 19 February 2014

Nothing to Say



So here is a picture of a Highland Coo all dressed up and ready for action.  
The sad truth is that while rising early was on my mind I did indeed awaken at six but fell back to sleep and reawoke at 8:30!  Not only but I awoke exhausted! Why?  By ten I had managed to finish breakfast and half dozed my way through the morning.  It was time to return to the museum before I had done anything, so nothing is done!  What happened?  Nothing!

The museum was once again busy, hundreds passed through, actually only a reasonable number but the kids passed back and forth many times each, and young and old appeared to enjoy their visits.  The boss had a slight mishap when the kitchen cupboard containing the plates gave way and dropped the two boxes of glasses on the floor.  We salvaged 15 out of considerably more. 
Ho hum!   
However by the time I get home I am washed out, nothing is done, and I cannot get the little gray cells to function properly.  The news is the usual bunk, Tony Blair seen as having shoved his nose into dubious happenings, the Westminster government getting 'friends' to frighten Scots into voting 'No' in September, floods fill the land still while Cameron promises money and we trust his promises, and the Ukraine heads towards civil war and it's everybody else's fault!  So nothing to comment on.  There is the Australian arrested for giving Christian leaflets to folks in North Korea of course, he could do 15 years but at 75 he may not be too worried.  He will certainly not get out quickly.  Some things need to be subtly in North Korea, and not when in a small guarded party. 




.

7 comments:

Lee said...

We Aussies like to go out with a bang! That'll stir the little dictator up!

I followed the washing instructions on a shirt once, but I got motion-sickness spinning around and around in the washing machine, I never did it again.

Lee said...

By the way, I love that Highland Coo...does it moo? Not only capturing that coo, but dressing it would've been quite a coup!

Carol said...

You are the second person in two days to call that a Highland Coo ~ is it really a Cow or is that the nickname/ accent thing coming out??

That missionary in North Korea, they are saying today he will get hard labour. That is really sad. But like you said earlier, he would have known the risks. I just feel for his poor wife ~ she sounded quite young on the radio. Of course Australia does not have an embassy in NK, so negotiations are being handled via Sweden I think??

I am exhausted too tonight ~ my feet feel like I have put on 3 stone or maybe 4. Now where is that person who falls at my feet and massages them at the end of the day? LOL

Adullamite said...

Lee, Why is it that I believe you....?

Lee, Clever yoo!

Carol, Scots poem:-

On yonder hill
There stands a coo,
If it's no there
It's awa noo!

The trick is to have your feet higher than the heart for ten minutes at least. This brings them back to normal.
I am flying out now to massage them, just in case this doesn't work.





Lee said...

On my maternal side was Scottish and Iris; and on my paternal side, Irish...I think I may mentioned that before.

When I was a little girl every time I saw a hornet flying about...I'd run to my Nana and Mother and cry; "Nana! Mummy! There's a hoonet in the cooner!"

My Scottish heritage would come out...I grew out of it as I grew older. Now I'm about to hit my second childhood...or perhaps have begun it, I might start saying that again!

Adullamite said...

Lee, Second childhood? I'm on my fourth!

the fly in the web said...

It's when you get to your second adolescence that those around you will have to watch out.....

I wonder if Russia will send the tanks in again....or just a bare chested Putin on a white horse.

I reckon the coo would be an effective deterrent....