Saturday 22 February 2014

A Small Mistake



A small but not fatal mistake was to rise when not quite awake and cycle up the old railway when not quite up to it.  Weeks have passed since I journeyed up there, it showed!  Oh how my knees are letting me know it showed!  Still, I saw the sun, even though the cold air cut through me, I saw the countryside again, the occasional dog walker, one or two joggers and most of them being what I call 'London overspill.'  These are folks who commute to London during the week and never return the 'Good morning,' as London folks do not know how, and stare straight ahead as if you do not exist.  During the week the passersby are much more friendly.  
Returning to home quicker than expected I returned to bed to recover.  After that I forgot to do anything much and spent the day watching football.  Other things can be done later......

  
Lighter mornings that make me rise early, sunny evenings that offer interesting skies, but I ignore them to watch the football and suffer aches.  Good job I am not one to complain, that's all...

 .

11 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Two lovely photographs to show for it though.....

Carol said...

It didn't sound like complaining to me A-man. You will have to try harder next time.

Lee said...

Your post stirred within me a feeling I often have. I talk to anyone...I pass comment to strangers in the aisles at the supermarket or wherever; I'll crack a joke; share a smile, and I never cease to be amazed (and amused) at some of the blank looks I get in return!

By the looks on the faces of some people you'd swear I was an axe murderer!

The community in which I live (and rarely roam about other than to do my grocery shopping etc.,)is only a small community with a population between 5,000 to 6,000; one would think word would've already gotten around that I'm not!

I must remember not to wear my witch's hat next time I go out...that could be part of the problem, perhaps.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Thanks much.

Carol, If only others were so understanding.

Lee, I can visualise you in a witches hat for some reason.....

Adullamite said...

Fly, Thanks much.

Carol, If only others were so understanding.

Lee, I can visualise you in a witches hat for some reason.....

Kay G. said...

Joggers...I saw them described on a blog as "lycra-clad, head-phoned spitters" and the accuracy of it made me laugh!
Love the photos.
Oh! And my husband is from London, he always speaks to folks when we walk! It must be the rich, high-class London folk of which you speak!

Carol said...

Lee ~ I think you are being too harsh on yourself. I can imagine your personality and previous work experience would be valued in the local tourist information centre. Don't worry about those rich folk who think they are better than us ~ we know they aren't. You still have heaps to contribute to a small community. You live in a beautiful part of the world.

Adullamite said...

Kay, Richard is the high class of London!

Carol, Well said!

Lee said...

Thank you, Carol.

A couple of the many things I can't abide in this world are fools and snobs...and people who don't have a sense of the ridiculous!

I can't help myself when I come across some people with certain attitudes...that's when my inner devil gets set free! If you know what I mean! ;)

Adullamite...hold onto that image! ;)

Jenny Woolf said...

According to the guy in the gym today the more you hurt the better it is for you. Just mentioning.

Adullamite said...

Jenny, I must be getting fit then......:)