Friday 13 April 2012

Springtime in Utopia!



By popular request I have been forced to stand outside on an early Spring morning to photograph the sun rising over the park.  Quite why people are so obsessed with the park is beyond my befuddled mind, but who am I to object to a request from one of my deluded readers fans?  So I have been out, the damp soaking through the soles of my aged trainers, choking in the mist as the frost rises from the ground filling the air, if it can find room there with all this low lying cloud around.  On the far side of the park bright yellow daffodils shiver and curl up in an attempt to prevent a premature death, their luminosity at variance with the world around them.  Heads down, the few passers by failed to notice and be cheered by them.     


The few passing through, scurrying to work, may grunt a short greeting to those who gather at the park bench in the early morn for their 'breakfast.'  Each day, before most have pulled back the duvet, three or four chums gather to imbibe a varied breakfast from different labeled cans.  Often subtly hidden behind a plastic bag or placed at their side as one passes.  Friendly enough, harmless, not as young as they once were, and humoured by the way the dog insisted on shoving its nose into my Tesco bag one morning in an attempt to steal my (proper) breakfast.  

Spring is indeed with us, rain (and the hosepipe ban continues in this drought), wind, mist, with more showers to follow, indicates Spring is well under way and soon Summer will be declared officially.  I expect Thunder, lightning and floods.  The hosepipe ban will continue however.  

Springtime is here.....   



  

3 comments:

A. said...

Hardly a drop of rain here, nor even much mist, but they do make for good atmospheric photos. Tell me when the sun rises.

Relax Max said...

I love this park, even without an old train photo next to it. It is how I imagine the mists of Camelot. less Guinevere.

You have my official permission to ignore any bans, hosepipe or bike parking. Or you may use your neighbor's hose, whichever you choose.

Adullamite said...

A, I would love to tell you when the sun rises, but it is hidden behind clouds.....

Max, I can get more shots if you wish.....
However I never touch my neighbours hose....