Sunday 8 April 2012

Where's the Sunshine?



Early morn I ventured out looking for pictures while the streets were quiet.  Sadly the gray clouds overhead spoiled things somewhat.  I did attempt a shot of the golden owl grasping a black mouse with its beak but the light was too poor for a success.  From behind I did get a good shot of him looking towards the 1926 town hall, given by the Courtauld's, and recently refurbished. Why an owl on the drinking fountain I know not.  Old 'Frith' pictures show a light there but a skinny bird on top, possibly a thrush not someone out of the celebs pages.  By the seventies the light appears to have vanished but the owl has been there since I brought my presence to the town.  This too was expensively cleaned and renovated a year or so ago.  Now the town wasters hang out here, no not me!    




.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That owl is really cool.

Jenny Woolf said...

It's a fine thing to have - but you are right, it would be improved by a bit of sunshine to make it glitter.

Adullamite said...

Jerry, cool but dark.

Jenny, Indeed.

Relax Max said...

It is England, after all.

Relax Max said...

There is another shiny owl in England, a bit to the north though. Perhaps more even than I know.

Mo said...

It's looking like another week of being confined to indoor picutres

Adullamite said...

How sad. However it's par for the course!