Tuesday 3 April 2012

Another Day Out



The crops are beginning to show through now, as this pic taken from the speeding train shows.  The sweep of the fields always catch my eye, although it does not make for the greatest picture, especially when the sky is gray.  I listened to the messages Richard Branson and his MI6 friends give us secretly as we sped along, but mostly my attention was taken by the smartly dressed young lass who journeyed one stop only and the smell of disinfectant that came from an Asian man suffering a cold.  With my luck I suspect I will be a Man Flu disaster area soon.  Why do such people leave the house I ask?



The weeping willows appear to be bright intelligent trees.  If you must weep, weep into a river I say.  I did wonder about the drought at this point.  Farmers want water and here we have a full river, why not put it to use?  Rather than let it flow into the estuary use the water on the fields.  there must be a legal way of doing this?  No point in farmers, and ourselves, losing crops I say.

  
I am not keen on 'candid shots' of people, I see them as an intrusion, however I did wish a shot of this man's bike.  I would say it was somewhat overloaded myself, and the bag on the ground he had on his back!  Was he off camping?  is he one of the homeless?  Is this how he makes his living perhaps, a travel writer with an angle?  When I made my mammoth ride I had two saddlebags and as little as possible in them.  How much does he carry?  Is he a member of 3 para, stationed here, on his way home for Easter?  I found myself a little intrigued, but just looking at him and imagining the struggle up hill made me tired.  I climbed aboard the train and went home to bed.


The gratuitous train picture!  You all want to see one, admit it!  

  

.

6 comments:

Gail said...

Your writing flows as smoothly as the river. It was a joy to visit and read.

I would be happier if word verification was gone.

Adullamite said...

Gail, I drown in my own words! :)

Mo said...

Well I certainly wish the person who gave me his man flu had stayed home.

Not sure how the chap with the bike is going to stay upright with that load.

Adullamite said...

Mo, Really hope you have got over the worst! Horrible event Man flu.

A. @ A Changing Life said...

He is the bag man, husband (or partner) of the bag lady.

I can live without trains but I am beginning to realise that others have different needs.

Adullamite said...

A, You do make me giggle A.