Thursday 7 July 2011

Phone Spam

.


One of the most useful things in my miserable existence is my ansafone! This stopped people in the past claiming "I called you" when they were clearly lying, and enables me to avoid answering the phone when one you wish to avoid is calling.  At the present time there are a few of those going around. The beauty of the ansafone is the ability to ignore the call and just dial 1471 here in the UK and often, but not always, obtain the callers number. Some withhold this of course.  


Mostly these are marketing call centres offering a variety 'home improvements' of one sort or another. One such is 0845 1113111. This I know is a call centre as I checked on 'Phone Spam Filter' and 'Who Calls Me?'   Both give similar results from unhappy recipients of these unwanted calls.  'Who Calls Me? also identifies 01235884270 as being a scammer claiming to represent Microsoft. The story is they have identified a fault on your PC and can help fix this. Lies, all lies!  Both these callers attempt to calls several times a day, and as these calls are usually computer generated shouting as the plumb on the other end does little to stop it. Mind you that can please some folk. 
'Pipex' my ISP was recently taken over by 'Talk Talk.'  This did not please me as the latter company has already sent a 'questionaire' indicating they will change the price range. Then I will be off as I pay enough and this service was good enough until they took over. The recent change has seen the connection cut several times and slowed to a halt almost yesterday. Top this I ask, well they did. Three time in 15 minutes I received a call via a Text message. BT pass these on adding lots of useful info, and after the message add the same again, and again! All in all far too long for me. The message said "Call this number urgently." That will be right! You call me you speak or buzz off I say. Again 'Who Calls Me' identifies the caller number  08712226608 as being from Pipex. What a way to treat your customers I ask!


01614 777778 is an Asian attempting to scam insurance of one sort or another. Would anyone be daft enough to believe them? But I think the last number is the best one. They called and rang off as the ansafone message began, and I dialed 1471 and traced the number, which I think may be false! The number was :- 02538020308441235884270!




.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

People actually call you? Why?

A. said...

Try the Telephone Preference Service. It works a treat.

Adullamite said...

Fish, only scammers call me.....

A, I have used TPS & MPS for many years (and got a row as a postman for encouraging people to use them) but scammers ignore TPS, and many are abroad.