Tuesday 19 July 2011

Murdoch

.


Well the Murdoch's faced the committee and discussion will continue for a while as to whether they passed the test or not. I did not catch it all, it does get boring, but I was interested to see Rupert clearly upset that he was not in control. He did not like the idea of giving account for his papers, and he did not accept responsibility at any time, no shock there!  I could not help seeing both as guilty men, good job I am not on a jury trying them, to me they appeared as second hand car salesmen. Rupert can see his empire collapsing. That is the trouble of building something so that you can control the world, it unravels eventually, especially when you are built on lies and half truths and dirt digging. I did laugh when he claimed the majority of his employees worldwide were 'ethical!' Ethical when sticking your nose into peoples private life? Ethical when holding members of parliament under your control by threatening to reveal their dirty deeds? Ethical in a paper built on sex and scandal?  The gloating of the other papers is worth noting, especially when they are just as bad. 


.

3 comments:

Relax Max said...

Well, I don't see what all the uproar is all about. I mean compared to some of the other scandals that are always going on with politicians and rich people. What are they drinking, gin? Here they only get water in those plastic little bottles. And no cups. Pretty fancy, your Parliament. Cups look plastic, though. Coulda sprung for glass ones, you'd think. Probably more of your PM's fake austerity show.

Drop this and get on with something more serious. Like where are my Scottish words that nobody will understand so I can do a post.

Anonymous said...

Whilst the other papers are bad, I'm not sure if they're 'just as bad'.
I'm not sure either what the endgame will be here. Certainly it's a good thing that politicians seem to have overcome their fear of Murdoch - whether that's temporary or permanent remains to be seen.
I expect that in the final analysis, it'll be like the banking crisis and MPs expenses. The news and the world (sic) will move on.

Adullamite said...

Max, Murdoch has influenced MPs for too long. This is their vengeance.

Rab, All media are bad, however if it is 'in the nations interest' I do not mind. usually it is for 'kiss & tell, and that I object to.