Wednesday 29 December 2010

What a Gray Day!

.

The temperature rises to just above 'bloody cold,' to 'Crivvens, Help ma Boab!' and we spend a day totally  immersed in dull gray mist. Another sign that Spring is on its way!  With the atmosphere being as it is, my inability to change the weather to my way of thinking showing through, I decided to flounder all day. Some rude and needlessly cynical folk have suggested, and you will not believe this, they have suggested I 'flounder' a bit too much. Had this not been true I may well have been cut to the quick, but as it is I am merely 'nursing my wrath to keep it warm!'  I exercised the weakened body, the bug, the lack of vegetables, too much chocolate and nans making it weak this er.. week. This stroll through the heart of the town indicated the majority of the citizenry were hiding indoors, those not queuing at the Argos counter that is, or visiting those family members who they had hoped to ignore but could put off no longer. The market surprisingly had several stalls working, either they were bored, desperate for cash, or wishing to avoid mother-in-laws. None were worth visiting so no change there! The supermarkets were busy however, the car parks full and the dagger filled eyes as folks fought for the better parking spaces glowered everywhere. Happy Christmas to you also! Now I sit with my feet on the radiator, discovering how depressing scouring the job sites can be, and now awaiting tonight's football. 
How exciting my life is, are you jealous yet?




Today's thought to remember:- There's room on this earth for all of God's creatures.... Right next to the mashed potatoes.




.

 

1 comment:

Mike Smith said...

But the day got better with another fine result for Hearts tonight. 22 points from a possible 24 and 20 points ahead of the wee team. Will it be a Happy New Year?
You and I know better than to count our chickens!