Sunday 7 November 2010

Sunday

.


The sun shone today, although I failed to get outside amongst it. I watched a wee bit too much football for my own good today and lost sight of the real world altogether! It wouldn't have been so bad if the football had been better but alas it was poor for the most part. The only exception was the somewhat inevitable victory for the Heart of Midlothian over the wee team for Leith. Once again Hibernian 0 Heart of Midlothian 2, was the result, much smaller than expected but there again we are not yet playing as well as we can. A tougher game on Wednesday against 12 man Celtic, the referees having been humbled by the green bigots, but at home we can give them a game. No Aberdeen we!

Now I must return to job searching before IDS makes me clean up litter or puts me in the workhouse breaking rope, and this means once more attempting to get fit enough to work, which I am not at the moment. His idea, to appease the 'Daily Mail' reader, is that you should not get benefits unless you are working for them. However I have been paying national Insurance for forty years before my knee ruined things, so why should I work for what I have paid for IDS? The coalition do not think before suggesting things, just appeal to their voters prejudice and count their expense cash.  Mind you I would not object being put on something keeping me busy, and it might get me fit. The plan is laid for the morning, especially as the Lottery which promised so much once again failed to deliver. I had such good plans for that cash all laid out. Now you will never know how much I would have improved the world. 


I've just turned the TV over, (by that I mean I changed channels from the news to catch 'Top Gear,' not that I have actually picked the brute up and turned it upside down as that would not have helped in any way whatsoever in watching the programme,) and what do I find but ANOTHER cooking show! There must be more hours of this on TV than soaps at the moment. I found three on at one time the other day,now who on earth is watching this pap? Consider this, the west is stuffed full of fat people, me included, who eat badly and throw tons of food away (I don't do that) and elsewhere around a million people are dying at this moment from starvation! The other day one channel ran at least five editions of 'Come dine with me' one after another,  a kind of reality programme featuring no reality whatsoever. Just a group of vacuous attention seekers discussing one another, pushing their fat faces forward and criticising their dinner! I just hope some of the starving are allowed in their with them one day! Who watches this pap? What sort of brain dead chav is sitting there mindlessly watching someone cook? 

Food is just food. Get it down you and be grateful you have it, but SHUT UP ABOUT IT WILL YOU and please GET OF THE TELLY!!!!  


.

3 comments:

Mike Smith said...

I can see the Monopolies Commission investigating the Edinburgh derby soon...

1st Lady said...

I see this is a cooking blog. I was wondering if you had a good recipe for rock cakes?

Adullamite said...

Mike, brilliant!

1st Lady, I do have rocks!