Wednesday 9 October 2024

Tech Pain


And another thing about tech merchandise, they are constantly telling you what to do, asking if you need help  when you don't, and just getting in the way!
I pick up the mobile and at the bottom of the screen it jumps up and says 'Try saying 'Cleopatra in Egypt.''
Why?
What do I want to day anything for to a machine?
Or it jumps up offering help.  
Why?
What help on here do I require?
On emails I receive a long list of answers is given for me to select.
Can I not think of an answer by myself?
Are the geeks who come up with this stuff so inept they cannot think of answers so need prepared ones?
These things are on the laptop also.
They are everywhere 'helping' by doing your thinking incorrectly for you.
As if I need help making mistakes?
On the trip on Sunday the driver commentated on how his car tells him his door is open, his seat belt not pushed in, or how close he is to the car behind.  
Can he not see these things for himself?
People have been driving for over a hundred years yet require a computer to tell them the obvious!
Granted some things can have their uses, no, I cannot think of any either.


I've taken to coffee in the mornings, sometimes this works and I wake up.  Sainsburys have taken to offering a variety of coffees at ludicrous high prices, even this type, their own brand stuff is overpriced, but I prefer the others on sale.  Last time I tried own brand coffee, Tesco I think, it was so strong it kept my eyes open for days.  Maybe I am getting used to this stuff but the result is very mild here? 
Ethiopian Coffee, Ethiopia being where coffee first arose, Columbian , and elsewhere can be bought.  However, the Costa Rica version has been removed and shows no sign of returning.  This is a shame as I think that was one of the best.  If I remember right the other bag in the cupboard is some form of Kenyan coffee, and I am not sure if I tried this before.     
I think I may require some of that Tesco coffee again if I fail to wake properly in the mornings.


No comments: