Monday 21 October 2024

Banal Monday


It's been a slow day.
Having been out at Kirk yesterday, where I had to do the intercessions, and stand around chatting while the young folks stacked the chairs.  I was afraid if I sat there I may have been found piled on top and stacked in the corner somewhere!  Enthusiasm is their thing.
Anyway, the service followed the usual routine, no-one objected, jeered or slow handclapped, like last time, and I made it through.  Whether that prayer was Spirit filled is a question I could not answer, however, some praised the way I said it, clear and slow so they could understand.  At least they were awake.  
Sloth today.  
Much time on Twitter watching the USA prove it is not of any worth anymore.  People telling us how Trump understands the working class because he staged a fake McDonalds work experience, though how many times it had to be reshot is unclear.  A closed shop, supporters rehearsing their bit, and thousands now love him!  Really, the US requires a proper dictator, or with a heart and an efficient military machine, otherwise they are lost.  
I suspect however, most people in the UK were to busy being entranced by 'Sickly Come Dancing,' a programme designed for the 'Bread & Circuses' brigade.  Most TV is these days.  Anything that speaks of thinking is pushed to the side, especially if it may 'offend.'
So I have just returned to playing Solitaire or reading my book. 
I might have a life tomorrow...

No comments: