Sunday 13 October 2024

A Great Loss


It was as we watched Scotland playing the Croatian side last night that most of us heard the news of the sudden death of Alex Salmond.  This was indeed a shock to me, as it must have been for Alex.  Here was the remaining towering figure in Scottish politics, now we are left with the SNPs devolution loving weasels.  
Having removed Alex from power, smeared him and attempted to jail him, an attempt that failed badly,  the British State can now relax regarding Scottish Independence.  None of the money loving wimps left in the SNP wish independence, they are content with being 'Mayors' of the Scotland region.
Alex Salmond was a great speaker, a diligent MP & MSP, he was excellent with PR, and he knew how to deal with Westminster controlled journalists, the ones who fill BBC Scotland today.  Alex had friends and contacts at the highest level, he remained the only powerful individual capable of leading the country to independence, yet the 'ALBA' party that he created has so far failed to produce any success at the polls.  
Side-lined though he was Alex Salmond remained the only individual powerful enough to lead Scotland to freedom from the English yoke. He had many faults, inevitable in a politician, yet his influence was enough to frighten Sturgeon and her Special Branch owned cronies.  His influence will remain, however, his passing leaves Scotland barren of real politicians for now.
Alex Salmond's last post on Twitter finished with the words, "Scotland is a Country, not a County!" 


My phone just rang, not that I was looking.  
By the time I realised it was ringing and answered it the caller had gone.  I pressed the wee button for calls and discovered this caller, with a strange long number, was based in Armenia.  Now, as you know, I have many friends in Armenia!  A nation with a long history, going back well before Roman times, and one who supply a football team that plays in European tournaments.  But calling me? 
Could it be they wish me to manage their football team?
Possibly their politicians require my leading?
Possibly it is a wrong number?
Most likely some chancer chancing.
Anyway, he is blocked now.
I also noted a London 020 number had called yesterday, again I missed it.  Now I know people therein but they do not know my phone number!  A local caller, possibly from Armenia, making a similar chancer call.
Nobody I know calls me...

  

No comments: