Friday 9 February 2024

Packaging and Pies


There are 'wars and rumours of wars, famine and earthquakes in various places,' volcanoes' in Iceland, the country not the shop.  There are lifeboat men in high seas, mountain rescue services way up mountains, police and firemen struggling to save lives, and my hardest task today was opening the silver wrapper that surround the refill ink for the printer.
As each day passes I find opening the packets things arrive in harder than installing them.   Everything is the same.  Nothing arrives with easy opening capabilities.  I know many items have 'Cut here,' or 'Pull Here' upon them, but they lie!  Even worse are those which offer a thin line with a picture of scissors upon them.  You are foolishly led to believe that scissors can cut the thing, this also is a lie!
Today, with the aid of a 'Stanley Knife,' I broke into the surrounding thick plastic containing the new ink, fought my way through the cardboard box - eventually, and then spend much time opening the silver foil with the lie 'Tear Here' upon it.
Once that was over I was able to install, quickly, the ink.  
Then followed more checks on the work I was doing, which led to several reprints with the new ink, and eventually I decided enough was enough.  
However, I might have a go at the next bit later tonight..


Struggling to plan my ideal diet I fell into the 'Pie Trap.'  Therefore I ordered more pies, steak and mince, at enormous cost, but at least this gives me something I understand in the fridge for when my own cooking fails.  This, if all goes well, arrives on Tuesday from Forres.  

5 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Thank goodness for pies! They should cheer you up!
I agree with you about wrappers, etc...tried the 'easy open' bacon pack this morning and when it finally opened it went with a rush which left the bacon on the floor.....quick work to rescue it before the pack arrived!
Or trying to open Leo's pills in one of those child proof containers...finally used the meat saw on it...pills luckily stayed on the table.

Jenny Woolf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny Woolf said...

I hardly ever eat that kind of pie but I love them. bet they cost a packet though.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Yes indeed. I am investing more in tinned fish, especially the grossly overpriced Pacific salmon, and the pies will give great variety. I love the pack racing to grab the bacon! Only children can open child-proof containers.

Adullamite said...

Jenny,, These ones cost £2.12 each, plus delivery. Expensive, but none like that here.