Tuesday 7 April 2020

Tusday Totter


As the day wore on I kept thinking it was Sunday.  The slow traffic, the empty park, nothing on TV, it was slow and quiet and with the neighbours being even quieter than usual it was all very strange.


I was very tired last night, put my head on the pillow and slept.  I woke up at 12:30 and was awake for ages!  I then awoke at 8:24!  By the time breakfast was over it was lunchtime, I was so far behind.
The relative warmth, 63% by lunchtime, was helpful.  The park was not busy but people exercising in family groups appeared often.  Remain indoors yes, but we need air and sunshine.  

 
I tried to capture the flowers, all small things and too far away from me for the mobiles camera to get properly, hence enlarged and fuzzy.  This time of year brings many colours to the gardens and are a delight to see, I love the blue ones.  


Tomorrow my exercise will be stretching my muscles.  I walk so slow I was overtaken by a snail at one point.  Our thoughts will be with Boris while he genuinely suffers the virus.  I doubted him at first but look forward to a new Boris coming out of this, a spiritual renewing as well as physical rebuilding.  This horrid episode might well see an improvement in the NHS after this.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Unfortunate as it is for Boris he now has direct experience of what its like for the NHS. So hopefully there will be a greater appreciation and investment in the NHS once this is over.

the fly in the web said...

Beautiful spring flowers!

Illness, as Jane Austen remarks through one of her characters in 'Persuasion', does not always bring out the best in one....let's hope for a swift recovery and a changeof heart.

Adullamite said...

Dave, He will not forget his time in a hurry.

Fly, I expect he will be different after this.