Monday 13 April 2020

Shoppers Paradise...


The inability to wander abroad increases the limitations of my intellect and outlook.  Thus once again I make mention of Tesco!  The traffic being light this morning, lighter than normal for an Easter Monday, I wended my way to Tesco via Sainsburys car park.  There was no queue here and none at Tesco either.  Inside, once I had mopped the basket handle and received instruction on the one way system, I and a handful of old men wandered about, not always following the arrows on the floor, attempting to collect enough for a week.  This done, staff conversed with, money paid £32, I waddled home, two bulging bags weighing me down.
Having dumped things in appropriate places, boiled the kettle and began to plan the next step I discovered the two pints of milk left in the bottle were off!  Grrrr!  

   
Around three I decided the traffic was still calm so I made my way to Sainsburys for milk.  As hoped there was no queue, no offer to wipe handle either, and I soon gathered another £32 worth of goods along with the milk, no I don't know how either, chatted up the young lass at the checkout to no avail and hobbled home with another two heavy bags. 
At least the satisfaction of gathering all I require took from the wearisome business and I relaxed until I made what passes for evening meal around here.  As the aroma of properly cooked food wafted across the landing from next door, where the delightful young wife cooks proper food for him, I took the bundle of sausages from the fridge only to discover it was mince, rather like this blog.
As I had prepared everything for sausage.egg and chips, I was a bit annoyed.  Anyway I cooked mince and will use it later this week, but as I reached for instant chips I discovered there was only a few left.  I needed to return soon for chips!!!  Will this never end?
Anyway, my eggs stuck to the pan, again, and the chips were not that good.
Another good day of joy an laughter in Lock Down Britain... 

Oh one of my women, a beautiful, ex-model, with money, did contact me on the basis that I was a 'vulnerable adult.'  Offering to shop for me as long as I buy chocolate and leave it with her!!!
'Vulnerable adult?'  Since when was I considered an 'adult?'


1 comment:

the fly in the web said...

Thank your lucky stars you are not in Costa Rica! Having shut us all indoors for Holy Week those belting into our little town for bread and sundries were greeted by police with sub machine guns directing the traffic!