Thursday 27 February 2020

Spring is on the Way!


You can tell Spring is on the way, Snowdrops and Daffodils begun to sprout, Bluebells appear and snow lies on the ground for an hour or so bring the entire locality to a halt.  The rain welcomed us today, soon to be followed by thick lumps of wet snow drifting down casually and for a short time leaving a thin white layer on the ground.
I remained indoors.


As is normal, with the snow littering the ground the clouds disappear and soon the sun comes out.  It is indeed Spring.  Therefore, I am able to cross the park and dump a brown envelope into the council offices.  I don't know about you but each time a brown envelope comes through the door fear rises within me.  Even if it is good news it also means lots of figures to be worked out, possibly forms to fill in, sometimes a rebuke, sometimes a mistake, sometimes lots of money.  This, I must say, is rare. 
I wonder who dropped the OHMS from such envelopes and replaced it with DWP?  It happened a long time ago but the second class remains the normal fare I note.  For reasons of keeping people in employment all such mailings come from Belfast.  The poor postman there must have a huge sack of incoming and outgoing mail to collect.  I hope he has a strong bike. 


I see Boris is playing games with the EU again.  "Do what we want or we walk away."  I know what the EU will say to that.  A 'No Deal' Brexit is what he has been told to go for and that is what is coming, or is it Cummings?  The futures bright, It's in Boris's capable hands!  
Begin hysterical laughter now...




1 comment:

the fly in the web said...

A friend arrives from London today....must have had foreknowledge of the weather there...
Well, that is if she made it onto the 'plane at Gatwick...