Wednesday 26 February 2020

Cynic, me?


No-one can call me cynical.  I always accept at first hand whatever folks tell me, what else can we do?  However, it does appear to me some folks are always following fashion.  For instance pop singers, for a while they were all 'coming out,' happy to be free of 'pretence.'  Whether they are still 'free' or working as posties, checkout operators or taxi drivers I do not know, I failed to follow up their life stories.  For a while the media was filled with girlies who had 'Bulimia.'  Every day another came to the fore telling us off their problem.  Now it seems almost every woman in the world, at least they who have a singing, acting, look at me career have been raped, assaulted, stalked or whatever.  Now clearly in many cases such things may well have occurred but it is strange to me how so many have managed to hide these stories of suffering and avoided calling the police.  Terrible when women suffer in this way but surely more terrible when innocent non famous women suffer and get little coverage for their plight surely?  
The US film directors have been making hay with many women for many years, now one is off to prison for his sin.  Again I find cynicism arising when I ask why these women did not realise this was an event that was possible to happen in the movie business?  People have been talking about this for years, was it Jackie Collins who wrote books about it?  Anyone in this line would speak off the record re such incidents, so why did these film women get 'used?  Could it be they were happy to use the famous director so they could get into making films which included sex scenes?  Cold they have, surely not, been using the men behind the film to make their way in the world?  Say it not but could these women have been using the men and now wish to make cash out of this?  Just asking, for a friend...
To be honest I have never heard of any of the women involved, but that's just me.

   
Don't Panic!  Boris is alive!
Boris Johnson, Dominic Cummings choice for PM, appeared from amidst the gloom of his Downing Street bedroom where he had been awaiting Dominic's latest policy announcements and showed up at Prime Ministers Question Time in order to pass the buck, avoid answering and go back into hiding all the while 'Getting Brexit Done.'
Hmmm...

   

No comments: