Friday 23 November 2018

A Walk in the Mirk


I wandered through the mirk this afternoon in a vain attempt to find something stimulating.  My day had been taken up with some of the routine work that has been ignored for some time and once I had exercised and stretched my new found aches I wished to take the air.
The air was hiding!  
Dark clouds hovered above threatening that constant fine drizzle that depresses after a while.  People around me searching for bargains on what we must now call 'Black Friday' were not in any abundance, in this town now crowds rushed for bargains as they know how false these are.  Most people indeed appeared to have been collecting children from school and shopping only for the needful not bargains.  
I accidentally fell into the Iceland shop and filled the freezer with stuff I may well regret, at least I will not starve.  My latest fad is lots of greens with real orange juice, strawberry's or red fruits and such like, this will stimulate my memory they say and keep me on the run.  One part of that is correct anyway.  However I still need meat and fish every so often, like daily, and hopefully Iceland will satisfy this desire, cheaply.
Life otherwise has been boring...


4 comments:

Suza said...

Very nice Post.
Happy weekend to you

Dave said...

Hows the knees with the exercising? With the short days I always think its important to get out and about. I like the last picture, very apt.

Jenny Woolf said...

I like to eat lots of greens and lots of veg, and then suddenly I get a yearning for bread. I've gone off proteins a bit lately. But someone gave me some delicious chick pea stew yesterday so I will investigate that.

Adullamite said...

Suza, A gray weekend here.

Dave, Exercise fine so far, walking not so good.

Jenny, Tesco Corn bread was my thrill for a week or so, organic brown rules this week.