Sunday 11 November 2018

Remembrance 2018


Remembrance 2018 followed the usual pattern however many more people wished to offer wreaths this year, possibly because of the centenary.  The meeting was therefore longer but most remained until the end.










I asked to take pictures of this man's medals.  So many covering a wide range of places servicemen  have been sent to in recent years.  He also has been awarded several long term medals also.  Such men risk their lives daily but we tend not to know about them.   








Then it was off to the parish church for a service.  I missed out having been involved this morning, two was acceptable not three!  Then as they participants gathered the piper played a lament.


2 comments:

Dave said...

I think that the centenary created more awareness. I like the picture with the suns rays.

Adullamite said...

Dave, I think so however many will soon forget.