Monday 2 November 2015

Foggy Cat


This was the third picture I took of this cat this morning.  He was sitting on the tin roof involved in a stand off with a black cat that lay curled up on a hut roof beneath him just out of picture.  It may be they had been positioned like this for some time.  This as I say was the third shot and his expression indicates he was getting miffed by my interest in his doings.  I say 'his' but it could easily be a female cat, that looks is the look many a mother has given her offspring.  I have no idea where this cat or indeed the other cat came from.  This may belong further down the road, I often see a cat cross the busy road there in spite of the heavy traffic.  The black one was hidden to well to get a proper look.  All around us the world continues and we know nothing of it.  The pets that keep us company and always are so doting towards us can also enter the wild world whenever they wish.  The varied relationships between them remain unknown to us.  Some cats may travel several miles claiming the land around as their property, this clearly means trouble as so many live in close proximity.  Yet I suppose once they have avoided the roads the park is a great place for them to spend their day.  Birds, passing dogs, other cats, squirrels, rats and I notice a few rabbits now have found a dwelling in the park.  Occasionally a Roebuck will pass through late at night.  


The fog forced me out in an attempt to obtain a decent picture but sadly few were available.  However I did find many bushes covered in these soaking wet spiders webs.  These were hanging over many bushes and I wondered about the fate of the poor spider hidden somewhere in the bush awaiting his breakfast.  Just how do wee beasties survive in such conditions.  The fog/mist by the way lessened as the day wore on but did not evaporate completely and remains again tonight.  The creatures the spiders aim for must be lacking in numbers just now or has the very mild November weather fooled them into thinking it is a differing month?  

By the way as this is November that means Christmas is just around the corner!



.

5 comments:

carol in cairns said...

My cat has never been happier since moving ~ and although I hear cat fights in the distance, none have invaded our yard yet.

Jenny Woolf said...

What an amazing picture of all those webs! Wonderful!

Lee said...

A foggy, foggy morn...

My two rascals, Remy and Shama are indoor cats. I let them out in the mornings when I get up, but they're scamper back inside again within 30 minutes; more often than not, far less than 30 mins. They love being snuggled up inside...and I love and prefer them being that way.

That's a fine looking cat. :)

the fly in the web said...

Nip out for a shufty at the night sky here and you're likely to meet all sorts of wildlife intent on shopping for their supper...but a form of wild cat had a nasty surprise a few evenings ago as Bunter had been out later than usual and intercepted it on its way to the duck pens.
Much noise ensued and Bunter had a nasty cut on his head but as the ducks haven't been kicking up at night since then I can only imagine that Bunter won on points.
Super photographs!
Now this is the weather to wear that lovely illuminated sweater you were given...

Adullamite said...

Carol, How lovely that the cat is happy. It would be worrying if not.

Jenny, All the bushes were covered in them.

Lee, It is safer if they are close by.

Fly, Bunter the hero! I suspect he may be busy around there at night. The sweater appears to have vanished...