Wednesday 13 March 2013

Do 'Pope' and 'Snow,' go together?



So the new pope has been elected by the cardinals.  Much celebrating by millions in Vatican City and watching on TV.  Much spluttering and growling by Richard Dawkins and his acolytes, and even more by those of the 'Reformed' faith of course.  One point two billion people call themselves Roman Catholic, I wonder how many actually live that out?  The 'Evangelical Church,' split into many denominations, has struggled to follow the true path as it can be very hard, as well as glorious, at times.  Will this Pope Francis 1 make any difference to Christ's work on earth, or will he hinder it by RC theology and church rule?  If he removes the many kiddy-fiddlers and gayboys from their roles in the organisation he will have made one change to the image if nothing else, and as a Jesuit you would expect a strict approach from him.  However will he turn the church back to God via the bible?  Will he ignore the Reformation once again and stick to erroneous beliefs?  Understanding the word of God is the most important thing he or any of us can do.  A lack of such understanding leads to a missing of the great adventure.  What however is certain is that the powers that be in the Vatican itself will be very hard for any man to sort out, John Paul II couldn't do it, I doubt this man will.


Typically I got caught out today.  I spent most of the day on museum research, slow and getting nowhere, and avoided the great hailstorm that arrived after lunch.  However I was fooled by the bright sun, the blue sky and the appearance of sunshine not long afterwards.  I raced for the door!  Out I went into the chilly air, sun shining, dogs smiling, people hurrying past from the market, streets a bit damp from the hail.  I checked prices, kept my hands on my wallet, and as I made for home the snow started!  Large lumps of it falling quickly and all it appears headed in my direction.  The pictures do not offer the reality of the torrent of snow aiming for me.   I'm staying in tomorrow!  bah!

It's sno fair so it is....

.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Alas, the curtain in the temple was torn in two by our Heavenly Father {Luke 23:44-46} to symbolize free access to Him by all through His only begotten Son, Christ Jesus, and billions upon billions would rather adhere to man-made rules, based upon doctrines of demons, that seek to make access to Him more restrictive than it ever appeared to be under the Mosaic law.

Relax Max said...

You sure have big fire hydrants.

Kay G. said...

Snow only gets dumped on the doubters.
JUST KIDDING!!
:-)

Lee said...

Such ado...and they still probably won't move forward!!

And to sound cynical...I wonder how much all of this to-do has cost!!!!

Let's hope that this Pope does look within his own camp and do something serious about sexual abuse within the church. I'm not holding my breath!

Unknown said...

I'm glad the judge granted you another furlough, my dear Max. How long do you have out this time?

Adullamite said...

Jerry, Correct!

Max, No, those are pil....no, never mind.

Kay, Oh get her! :)

Lee, that cost little, and this man will cut costs, they are 19 million in debt anyway.

Jerry, "snigger"

Jenny Woolf said...

I thought you were going to rhyme "pope" with "hope". I don't really know why though...

Adullamite said...

Jenny, No hope in pope here I must say.

Relax Max said...

Yes, Jerry, free at last free at last praise godamighty I'm free at last. Brother Obama having released 8 political prisoners, myself among them, in honor of Ooogo Chaves croaking. I think. It'll take more than a few midnight beatings with a rubber hose to silence my truth though. Happy St. Patrick's day to you you all. Perhaps it was St. Patrick's remembrance and not Ooogo's demise that freed me at that - O'bama is half Irish, you know.