Friday 8 March 2013

Busy Indoors



Having been given my instructions by Deadly Deke at the museum I found great encouragement to research as the rain laden mist sits upon the town throughout the day.  Foolishly I ventured out in search of information during a dry spell, returning home as it ended, upon me!  

The present idea was to collect info regarding the towns buildings, many dating back to the 1400's, the old railway line, and other details of interest.  I have begun to sort out what little I have discovered and now have plenty to keep me from wearying, if I can work out what to do that is!


An interesting item appeared this morning in the 'Daily Mail.'  After Hague's warning yesterday re chemical weapons a story appears in the Conservatives favourite paper telling of children burned by chemical weapons!  The commentators to a man cried 'WMD!'  The nation is cynical to say the least re this governments words on Syria.  This item has now been replaced by one showing  drawings from children in Syria.  Not surprisingly these are dominated by the war.
This war is a complicated one, our part is not as clear as we are being told.

  
This delicate ironwork stands above a shop in the High Street.  Not sure if it would stop an individual falling out of the window but I suspect it has been there for many years.  I am not sure what the letters are, 'H,' certainly and 'W,' but not to clear if that is an '&,' or an 'S,' also.  My eyes are wearying with looking at such as this today.  When the rain goes off, about Thursday I may go out.  Hold on!  I am at the museum tomorrow!  Oh dear, where's the wellies?  

.

7 comments:

Lee said...

Well, if you fell on that spike, it would certainly halt your fall!

Oh! By the way...it was fine here yesterday...up until around 4.30 pm...and then the precipitation re-appeared and it's been re-appearing ever since and I've woken up to another rainy day! So I've grabbed the newspaper; made a mug of coffee and away I go to read said paper!

Unknown said...

You went from the countryside to Syria and then back into town. Whoa, you sure get around!

Adullamite said...

Lee. The rain did not show up! I expect it tomorrow.

Jerry, I have a bike!

Jenny Woolf said...

My hair stands on end when I think of WTF this government is up to in Syria. I know Syrians who are terrified too. Just read this about what has happened in Iraq. http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/03/04/how-the-world-forgot-about-iraq/

Relax Max said...

"This war is a complicated one, our part is not as clear as we are being told."

What's complicated about it? Some people, long dominated by a tyrant and encouraged by the success of oppressed countries around them, decide to rebel as well. Not complicated. Neither is "our" role: stay the hell out of it. Tend to our own needy.

See? :)

(That wasn't a comment about your fine museum, btw. I am very happy about your efforts there, and take back nearly all my past trollings about you being a shiftless grifter who hasn't a clue about what real football is. Keep up the good work.)

Adullamite said...

Jenny, They have little idea of what they are doing and care less about Iraq!

Max, People are rebelling? Who pays? Saudi and Qatar, who also abuse their people. What lies behind it, Iran and nuclear power. You should be concerned, the US is behind this.

Relax Max said...

I'm not concerned. We have no more control over what our crappy government does than you do over yours.