Saturday 23 December 2023

Shopping Over...

 
At last the shopping is done, the guilt about those missed begins to hit home, and I am left looking forward to the bottle of 'Jura' sitting awaiting opening on Christmas Day.  Tesco was so packed this morning, even at 8:30, and I am glad I was not one of those who came later.  
Now I look forward to what they call 'Messy Church' tomorrow, a thing aimed at kids, so I have no idea what is going on.  I wish I could miss it but was persuaded by one of the young women with learning difficulties to go.  If I don't she may remember!  
That sums up Saturday when avoiding crowds and remembering things I forgot to buy.  


2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Messy church!
I can imagine the face of the minister whose kirk we attended when children at that idea! The sermons...Old Testament, New Testament and Acts were measured by how many Imperial Mints were issued by granny.....

I know we have a bottle of the creature somewhere in the house...but so far have only come up with pastis, spiced rum, and gin!
Must look harder!

Adullamite said...

Fly, 'Millers Pan Drops' were an Edinburgh Sunday sweet. Church was different then. I really enjoyed the kids at this morning's event. Tomorrow is back to reality!