Saturday 30 December 2023

Books!

 


The problem I have now, with the year ebbing away, is which book do I read first?  Considering there are several already open and at varying degrees of accomplishment it is trying attempting to work out how to read them all at once.
This however, is a common occurrence.   There does tend to be books lying around in all corners, on the couch, in the Loo, through in the bedroom, and all around the desk.  Some are short, one of  chapters such as books re travel reports, others feature a policeman's life tales, or history reports from various periods, not books that need to be finished, rather books to dive into when the desire rises.  Others are a bit more reference like and can be read regarding certain periods or events.  Some, like my favourite at the moment, must be read through because I am captured by it.  Next week something else will take its place, hopefully.
That means I must add these two the piles.  This is 'First World Problems,' and not something that will worry those seeking fresh water to drink, and end to the bombing, or shelter for the night will worry about.  Should I complain?  No., I have it so easy really.
Especially with the single malt around...
 

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Have these ladies been at your single malt?

Adullamite said...

Fly, It looks like it! :)