Tuesday 11 August 2020

Murder: Customer Service eh?

 


So, I awake this morning, almost in a good mood.  After breakfast I attempt to add an 'app' to m phone.  It adds, but whatever I do it is not easy to find what I consider the front page!  It takes for ever to seek out what I want and by then I have lost interest.  'No Adverts' they claim, which is true, no adverts except the ones they keep pushing in front of you for their books, their talks, their get -together's, their this and their that anything but the page I want!
I dumped it and got another.
This was almost as bad, easier, but not easy to work out either.
A third was obtained, almost straight forward and simple, but with adverts for woman's clothes!


Then I went looking for my adaptor I a getting via Ebay.
Was this simple and straight forward?
No!
It ought to be here yesterday, it aint here today and the Royal Mail tracker says we aint got it!
Fume!
Contact company by pressing 'contact.'
I get a couple of questions online then told 'Wait a few days and then contact company.'
I thought I was contacting company?
Try again, read advert through, at end it says 'You can contact us on email.'
Brilliant!
THERE IS NO EMAIL NUMBER!!!!
Whatever I did brought me back to where I was, very 'Catch 22' and I an now convinced this company (150% satisfaction) is false.
Having gnawed through the desktop while coming back to where I started I switched off and went for a walk, indoors, I could not risk outside.
When I returned and once again went through the many options that kept returning me nowhere I found a way to contact them direct!  How did that happen?
I scrawled a note, I pressed send, it did not work!
Several strained hours after starting I said rude words.
I once again clicked in all the right places, sent rude words, and pressed send - it went!
Now, relaxed and happy that some form of contact has been made I am now planning on what I will say to Ebay when I contact them tomorrow.
Will I be nice?
Royal Mail will be pleased when the packet is sent by them, if it ever gets sent....

All it takes is a simple contact number/email. All Ebay need do is ensure it is easy to find, they do not.
Is the result of such happenings 'murder' or 'manslaughter' does anyone know...?

This is becoming a habit worldwide....


Football on tonight, what's the betting that is will be off like tomorrows games...?

3 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Womens' clothes? Even their blasted algorithms have gone transgender!
For goodness' sake do not complain or you'll probably be hauled off to the nick on suspicion of hate crimes...
I am sure that when contacting eBay you will be your usual calm, suave self, full of bonhomie and politesse....not like us West Coast folk at all.

Dave said...

Good Customer Service coast money and very few companies do customer service like we remember. The best in my experience are those based abroad, to date I have had good and helpful responses from Chinese and Romanian companies.
The ones that drive me mad is when the chat now box pops up and asks you to type in your question and it then gives an automated response which gets you nowhere and you end up back to square one.

Adullamite said...

Fly, So far I have had a response from the chancers. We wait and see. My nursed wrath is lying on the couch.

Dave, Ah chat boxes, tottaly fals leads!