Friday 7 August 2020

Hot Friday

The day began with a swift visit to Sainsburys and then a walk over the park, all before 8 am and in the early morning heat. By midday it was touching 90 out there, I was asleep!  Fighting with the brute meant I forgot to eat again last night and this had me wondering why I was near fainting in the park.  Slowness of mind runs (slowly) in the family. 

So, once I realised this I made amends and spent much of the day watching the England cricket team fade away while playing Pakistan.  It really is not pleasing that nice Mr Farage that mere colonials are better cricket players than white Englishmen, not counting the English New Zealanders, Jamaicans and so on obviously.

With Boris hiding away on holiday again there is little news apart from continuing coverage of Beirut, coronovirus, Tory lies, Tory corruption, and heat.  I must say little in the free press covering Tory corruption mind, I have no idea why.   


2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Pakistan's young fast bowler - he;s only 17 - is quite a find! And he seems to be enjoying it all as well.
I have a feeling that England would do better if they did not have almost exclusively the products of private schools from whom to choose teams. They have all the confidence in the world...but not necessarily the ability to graft.
Thank you Thatcher and her spawn for selling off state school playing fields.

Adullamite said...

Fly, England's best bowlers were not public school, Botham, Trueman etc. This young man does look good for a decade or so.