Saturday 22 August 2020

Cricket Saturday

 


Now, filling the day with cricket is fine if it means watching England lose.  It is less entertaining when they are running away with things.  Forced to endure this all day, until saved by the return of Scottish football at 5:30, my life was ebbing away as England piled on the runs.  
The Pakistani bowlers were not all failures, however the enemy made use of the watered pitch, yes another episode clouded by rain, and groundsmen working in the enemies favour.  When I returned after watching a decent football game for once, unfortunately Celtic did get their goal, I found Pakistan had already lost several wickets and were planning how to get home.  


Nothing else happened.


It is a surprise to me that at such a time as this I am not reading very much.  This may be because two books contain over 700 pages of small font filled stuff, the other books are not grabbing me the same, or something is holding me back, Lock Down I say.  I started to read one book the other day and realised it had been lying there for weeks.  Laptop trouble, sloth and other usual daytime time wasting activities may have hindered but I am surprised at how little I have read.


2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Father watched cricket only to see England humiliated...
Our internet went out on Friday afternoon...cattle lorry winning an encounter with out telephone line...so I am having to catch up this afternoon on the radio.
We've done a lot of reading lately as we cannot go out thanks to driving restrictions....I am not sleeping well so rely on downloaded books in the watches of the night too. Mostly trash, but it passes the hours.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Father had the right idea, good man! Cattle lorries need redirecting.