Friday 1 May 2020

May Day with Clouds and Scattered Showers...


Being May Day I looked out for the marching workers, red banners waving, storming the capitalist fortresses and freeing the workers.  Unfortunately the police had sent them back home, telling them to 'remain indoors and wash hands.'  The rich will continue to sleep safely in their beds tonight, unless a burglar passes through.  
I love these Soviet posters.  Always the people smile, always they are advancing, always the sun shines on the red flags waving as they parade.  Always missing are the millions of dead Stalin removed because he stubbed his toe against the door when he awoke in the morning.  The removing off the Tsar to aid the people sounds great, however when the Bolsheviks took over they replaced the Tsar with themselves, and Stalin soon removed them one by one.  This, in my view, is not what makes a sensible economy nor a decent society.  From the standpoint of aiding the poor Communism sounds great, human nature however always ensures some rise to the top, when there they wish to keep control irrespective of the wishes of others, equal to themselves.  'Equality' does not exist, we are all different.  A decent society aids and helps those without to have a chance to progress, it does not enrich the richest and have soup kitchens for the poorest.  When trying times came biblical kings stripped the temples and their palaces of gold to feed the needy, today the richest fail to do this, yet the richer get richer even during a pandemic!  No wonder some were attracted to Communism.  


I opened a new page on Facebook.  This is not because I am trying to hide from some people on facebook, no, no, not at all, however I am trying to avoid one or two...  In doing so I discovered I had another page, one I had made many years ago and for some reason forgotten about.  This I have adapted and made use off.  Now I have to collect the better class of people to my new page.  
All this is a result of the Lock Down.  A few days ago it affected me somewhat and I have still not quite recovered my equilibrium from that.  It will pass as will the showers that hammer down and soon become sun filled pastures.  
May Day is a Friday, that means tomorrow is Saturday a time for letting the hair down and having a good time.  I may just go out and buy some face masks instead...
Did you notice Sturgeon said Scots ought to wear face masks on public transport.  The Westminster unionists and press grumbled loudly that this was a disgraceful thing to say.  The next day Boris agreed and said it might be compulsory,the media immediately claimed this a wise move and bravo Boris.  Don't you just love having a 'Free Press?'


6 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I went to the farmers' market this morning - thanks to the night time curfew they have finally had to adopt sensible hours. Now that our area has been free of virus cases the Americans had turned out after weeks of absence, most of them wearing those clear plastic visors.
Not amused when one of the stall holders started pom pomming loudly to the tune of the Imperial Stormtroopers march from Star Wars.
Needless to say a new case was reported in the noon time bulletin...so probably the Stormtroopers will be avoiding the market again until it is cleared up.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Maybe you ought to start selling such visors to Yankees...?

Kay G. said...

I was wearing a face mask before it was cool.
Onlookers cheered, not because of how smart I am, but because it hid my face! Stay safe!

Mike Smith said...

You may not agree with Scotland's First Minister - and I don't all the time - but her leadership during this crisis is an example to all politicians. Particularly the two buffoons at Westminster and the White House.

the fly in the web said...

No chance!
The miserable crowd won't help me find a home for an abandoned kitten so they can take their chances!

Adullamite said...

Kay, You have become a Muslim?

Mike, You are right there, she has shown them up

Fly, Then they deserve it what comes.