Saturday 30 May 2020

A Walk in the Park...


The promise of another hot day made me leave the condominium before 10 this morning.  I wandered across the green of the park, avoided by several gents keen on a 6ft distance, glad to be outside before the park fill with dafties seeking sunshine and virus exchanges.  
Slowly I passed the long queues at the supermarkets, all well distanced, and the market, each stall with distant keen customers, was remarkably quiet.  I did wonder if the Tesco queue could be longer, I suspect they could wait nearly an hour today.  At Sainsburys at least he sun shines on you, not at Tesco. 
On the one had I noted how efficient people were regarding 'social distancing' yet also the great fear that was among them all.  Elsewhere long queues of traffic were piling up as people headed into the sun, here the locals, most of whom voted for Boris, were wary of an early lock down ending.  This makes me wonder how many will send their kids to school on Monday?
In an attempt to divert attention from Dominic's wrong doing Boris has forced the schools back and offered a 'Test and Track' device.  Many will not attend school and the Test App has already been found to be full of holes.  One QC has indicated the language used is US legal terminology, make of that what you will. 
Dominic, I must say, is guilty and must go!



Since returning from my waddle around town I have done nothing but read my book.  The intention was to finish it today, but there is yet another chapter appeared!  The book has me in its grasp, I must stop and eat but I must pick it up and read also.  I am worn out!  
As such I have little idea what is going on today.
A quick glance at the news shows a surprise, Professor Jonathan Van-Tam says we are ending Lock Down too early, as do two other 'top scientists.'  This is not Dominic speaking!
Near naked women will dominate tomorrows pages as the media report on crowded beaches and parks.  The one opposite me has not in the end been crowded.
Another attempt to bring back English football and finish season is planned.  How will they cope if a player goes down?  What about black players susceptible to this virus?  Money is what matters here!
Scottish football may restart. or may not, Hearts may go down, or they may not, reconstruction may happen or it may not...normal service via the SFA/SPFL.
Meanwhile in Minnesota in the 'Land of the Free' it is common for Police to kill Black men because they are back, then the 3 year old in the White House refuses to condemn the killer and grumbles about the resulting riots.  'Shoot them' He says!  The bumbling idiot clearly has no idea what leadership is about, I suspect he thinks the cops will vote for him.

Now, having scanned the press I am left wishing I had not bothered.  I do note Boris is hiding, would he be caring for his child perhaps...?


5 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I gather there is a heatwave...Boris will be in his fridge.

Dave said...

I think Boris is rushing the lifting of the restrictions. Just look at the pictures of people especially at the seaside walking the prom and on the beach , there's no social distancing there. We all want to get back to normal but without a second wave.
It will be interesting to see if Cummings will go, old boys from the same Oxford college stick together.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Wonderful!

Dave, It appears the police have been separating some groups today, this will continue.

Mike Smith said...

Apparently the person in charge of the company charged with administering the trace and test system in England was the CEO of TalkTalk when they were hacked with thousands of personal data being 'compromised' i.e. stolen.

What could possibly go wrong...?

Adullamite said...

Mike,
Carole Cadwalladr@carolecadwalla
"I want to know how Dido, ex-director of Cheltenham now of Jockey Club Harding is in charge of track & trace. I want to know what the urgency was for horse racing - horse racing! - of all things to resume on Monday."
A friend of Hancock, Newmarket is his constituency and it is claimed he has received £100,000 in donations from Racing people...