Monday 2 March 2020

Paint Shop


Painting the window frames with a cold draught coming in under the bottom window, slightly ajar, while having the heat full on to keep the rest of me warm is not great I must say.  However that is one of three windows that require gloss paint, the others can wait until it gets warmer.  
These frames have been there since 1812 as far as I can see.  That is when the house was built, before it was amended as most houses here of any age have been.  Being listed Grade II the windows have to remain as they are.  The rear of the house had new PVC ones put in a year or so ago but alas we have to do without.  This means painting the frames every so often, or in my case, not so very often.  Fiddly frames, dust appearing from nowhere, spiders webs also, and the great temptation to drop the tin on passers-by outside.  Still that one is done, the rest will be done soon.


Tomorrow I must go shopping.  I need to panic buy for anti-virus shopping.  Tinned foods for self isolating, disinfectant for touching people and actual food for my stomach.  I had better clear space in the freezer, I may need to buy a lot.  Someone in the county, somewhere, has the dreaded virus.  I must say this is not the time I would wish to be sitting at a checkout dealing with the public.  I have seen people coughing over the checkout staff with no conscience, the girls have to just sit there and take t, many managers put the customer first, not the staff.  I hope they disinfect the cash that is handed over, you never know where that has been.



2 comments:

Dave said...

All we need now is for snow to be forecast and that with the corona virus panic will empty the shops.

Adullamite said...

Dave, Surprisingly quite today the shops. Both supermarkets parking was half empty. People staying indoors.