Friday 27 December 2019

Slob Friday


The world returned to a semblance of normality today and I hoped to spend much time lying around like a slob.  However first thing I had to stumble down to the sorting office to collect a parcel.  The postwoman will not knock loudly enough on the door and twice I have not heard her knock.  She thinks she is funny that one!  No tip next year!  
Back home I opened the parcel knowing what was inside, my sisters offering of Scots new year food stuffs.  Black Bun, Christmas cake, cream, well Carnation milk for the pudding, and a bag of popcorn.  I am not sure about the heritage of popcorn myself.  Black Bun is however important, and these days very expensive!  I note she forgot the miniature whisky, I may drop a hint re this, subtly...
Now I sit around like a slob, refusing to tidy the mess, clean dishes or make any move that requires effort and answer Christmas emails while stuffing fatness down my throat.  I am convinced this is bad for me, but the sell by date is close and we don't wish to take risks do we...?

 

5 comments:

the fly in the web said...

That picture tells a story.....
I'll swap you the Black Bun for tamales....some hope.

Jenny Woolf said...

Black bun I have never tasted. No point in asking why it has its name I suppose, since it doesn't look black at all :)

the fly in the web said...

Jenny, the rich...black.... interior is cased in pastry, thus the straw coloured exterior. Do try it if you get a chance I make my own and it disappears like a treat with friends and neighbours here.
Sorry Mr.A to have hijacked your blog.

Dave said...

Black Bun is new to me too, so I Googled it. I wonder why it was encased in pastry? Enjoy it.

Adullamite said...

Fly, You will NOT swap Black Bun for anything...

Jenny, Black Bun is delicious. Expensive now however, that little bi cost £5. Here is a quick recipe for one...
https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/scottish-black-bun/

Fly, Spicy raisin and current interior. I bet yours disappears quick!

Dave, That holds it together, hard a s a brick mind.